Flik-Flak???

I've asked this question before, but never really got a straight answer... In relation to kiting, what is a Flik-Flak, or any other of the 'Stunt' (come on Flexi get it right) kite terminology for that matter?

2m blade flown with a cross over - comes pretty close !!!

but fat chance doing some thing like a lazy susan or a flat spin ( can't even do them with my delta's !!!) loops,axle truns , squares / triangles, and low ground passes - about as far as it goes - good techeniquess to learn i recon, as it can get you out of a mess, or help regain traction some times !!!

Originally posted by HORLEY_KITE_NUT

but fat chance doing some thing like a lazy susan or a flat spin ( can't even do them with my delta's !!!) loops,axle truns , squares / triangles, and low ground passes - about as far as it goes - good techeniquess to learn i recon, as it can get you out of a mess, or help regain traction some times !!!

All very well but what is a Flik-Flak???

A flik-flak is where you coax the kite into playing silly buggers... much like a lot of stunt kite tricks!!

let me have a bash at explaining it... this may not work!

it is basically rotating the kite around it's x axis... first by 90 degrees so the kite goes flat, with nose pointing away say... then by 180 degrees the oposite way so the the kite goes flat with the nose pointing at you...

i think!

Originally posted by HORLEY_KITE_NUT

I have done side slides with my 1.5mtr little devil.

On a couple of occassions I have flown in the vertical postion to the edge of the window and then flown backwards (reversing it) back in the centre of the widow, thts about as far as my tricking with a foil goes

Tim

I've done wing-tip stands and side-slides with my Blades. But there is one trick that you can do with a foil which, no matter how hard you try, you can never do with a delta. It's called the "Dirty Washing" move.

Get your foil to luff, and fold in on itself, until it tangles among its own bridle and drifts slowly down to the ground in a ball-shapped mess!

Oh yeah, also, how many deltas can do the infamous "Bow-Tie" manouver?!

How about the "Make your mind up" move, where you pull your right hand back, but apply the left hand brake!? ;)

Originally posted by South

Get back to your own forum.....the monkies who can't fly with precision so use a big kite and call it "power kiting" and relie on brute force to impress people forum :p

Nice one South !

Mr admin - you need a new forum (see above for name) LOL

Might be a bit long winded for the little box on the homepage though.