Halfords selling Exit MTBS

Bob Monkhouse

Does anyone recognise which Exit model this is ?

http://www.halfords.com/shop/item.asp?id=614107&cat=7&sub=112

A lad I know has bought one and it looks good for the money.

Channel trucks and quite light. (guess about 8kgs)

It has camoflage underneath if that helps ?

Looks like a decent entry level board for £120 to me.

Cheers Bob.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one of them for xmas

Went out on boxing day with it.But i had to kick it off when a Reverse 360 with a board off forward 360 went pear shaped big time!!!!!!

Thing is the board must have landed upside down and, like that mainstay of light entertainment Mr Monkhouse has already pointed out its a cammmo pattern. Couldnt find the bloody thing on the rather muddy field could i!!!! £120 lost.

Let this be a warning to you all

Boardstupid

Nice board made just for halfords aparently talking to the exit board bloke. Pity the Halfords Idiots near me dont know a thing about them apparently its a URBAN SKATEBOARD r,o,f,l,m,a,o and the display in Halfords with the picture shows a no-sno board laugh I nearly wet myself.

Somebody needs to do some research!!!!!!!!!!HALFORDS R & D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies to anyone who works in Halfords your not all stupid!!

Oh dear oh dear im gonna go and wipe away the tears of laughter now.

Yeap

According to EXIT it is based on their 'Airforce' with a different deck specially for halfords.

Bought one before I acquired a secondhand MBS Sol16

EXIT Camo is heavier with steel fabricated channel trucks

Came with clear plastic shox which I fitted straight away after severe speed wobbles on Freshwater west beach., Only one position for the springs.

Good board for the money

Jo0lz

I'm afraid I disagree with halfords selling anything other than car parts...simply for the reason that their staff don't usally know enough about the subject (not meant as a dig, but would you prefer to buy a bike from them or the same make from a bike shop with experinced sales people?) to advise someone well enough, which could result in a bad purchase at the min to an injury at the max.

Not sure about that South.

Dunno what they know about boards, but telford halfords did me a storming deal when I bought me mountain bike, and another storming deal and service when I had new wheels built & disc brakes fitted.

Guess it depends on the people working there - but Telford halfords is one of our best bike shops !

Maybe I should suggest the guys try kiting.....

Yep

Couldn't agree more

If you buy ANYTHING from the major stores now you get sales staff that know NOWT about the products

Bought my EXIT Camo from Halfords....sales staff there knew nothing about them..

no suggestion that you MAY want to buy protective equip at the same time?!?

Just as well that I knew what I was buying

and tried it out on a shallow inclines FIRST

Then tried it with the SkyTiger26 in LIGHT wind to try and get the hang of things

Without cracking a collarbone...

Only grazes so far (touch wood)

Jo0lz

Dude if you can't tell the difference between groceries & beer and kites & mtbs then you really need to seek some help...sharpish! ;)

Fair enough if a store has decent staff who know there stuff but my experince so far is of pretty poor service and hell have I been to a few halfords :p I will have to check out your local :p

Supermarkets 'll NEVER sell cars

There's simply not enough profit in that

That expect at least 40% mark up

New cars sell at a MAX of 12% to 15% profit margin

PLUS

can you really see the likes of Sainsbury or Tesco offering you a part exchange for your old motor?

Hahaha

Jo0lz

Wrong Jo0lz

Asda have sold cars in the past Tesco,s are thinking about it .

and if super markets want a 40% mark up why do they sell petrol,**** mark up on that.

Halford have always sold bikes from day one they sold bikes.

Never sold cars though But why would they want to, you would not buy a Halfords lifestyle but millions of people do buy a Tescos lifestyle.

You dont ride a dirt bike do you, because if you did you would know why it is a logical step for halfords to move into the mountain board market.

And the world is not crazy, just the time were living in.

Boardstupid

Seems my sarcasm and irony is a little misplaced

SorrY guys

I actually think its is a good step for Halfords to sell M'bored's

As should get more people into the sport

BUT I do think their staff should know a lot more about what they sell

The EXIT Camo I have is pretty OK considering it only cost just over 100 quid

Jo0lz

had no problems when I bought mine from Halfords in Macclesfield just before Xmas. The guy who sold it me was into ATBs in a big way and had been riding the Exit board also.

Currently using it with a Blade 4.0m and as I weigh 85KG am getting some good pull in decent winds. Not a bad board for the money but would recommend putting the dampners in soonest. Too much wobble otherwise.

Sorry, but I've lost the thread a bit:

Halford are selling mountain boards ?

- and are they alright?

I mean, good enough for someone with my kit-bag who wants something a bit more transportable then my buggy ?

I weigh 15 stone(hey, it was a godd xmas) so dont want to get one, just to pull an air and break the fekker down the middle.

tia

Tim