Foot pad setting width

broraboyan

I think there are generally 3 settings which are height relevant. Tall dudes go wide, short arses go narrow but I like mine narrow. Looking at it technically I guess that the wider you go, the more you harden the flex of the board. If you go narrow, the board will flex more outside of your feet. On my Takoon the difference was huge.

It was a tip to narrow my straps on here that got me riding upwind easier. I hope this quite serious post is helpful.

It's really just a personal preference thing. I like them fairly close together, so less movement of my feet gives more rotation of the board, but you need more strength to do it. A wider stance means you have more leverage on the board, but have to make bigger movements. Kind of like the big throw / low bar pressure and short throw / high bar pressure tradeoff.

Edited by The Geoff

Here's what I do. Squat right down, like you're having a crap on the floor, and see what the natural angle and width of your feet is. That's what I find is the best setting for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this at your own peril. I nearly passed a motion checking it out.