Big downwinder - Did you enjoy it

vibro100

Hey up!

I enjoyed it.. I started out on a 11.5m and my super wife called in at Pagham and as stated the wind was going to change I dropped the 11.5 and put up the 7.5 and headed back out.. a wise move in my view.

I was riding along with little no effort enjoying the strong conditions and watching peeps on 12m and 13m kites in 35knot winds.. mad f****s LOL!!

I think I would use a smaller board next time I went with a large board to take the strain on my legs but in real terms I think it might have hindered me abit in going down wind. I was tacking alot where as others where managing to go down wind.

It was only towards the end that I started to feel some pain in my upper legs.. first one leg then the other.. all i did was ride one way until it started to hurt and then tack and ride the other way till the other leg was painfull giving each other leg a rest it worked.. I called in at littlehampton and called it a day as they did as well ( the event ) as a storm was coming and it was. But still some of the best conditions I have been riding in ! epic strong winds really smooth and constant! amazing stuff !

I had a map on my board, some on laughed I didn't when i needed it to find littlehampton!

I taped SIS energy gels to my helmet again some one laughed I didn't with out them being out the way taped to my helmet I would have lost them when i needed them the most !

can't wait till next year..

All the peeps that helped out at the marshall points are the real hero's we where just the mad fools they where standing in the freezing driving rain waiting for us mugs to come in!

Respect where respect is due the marshalls, hip hip!!