Bandit six

Yeharr

Very short review as I am knackerd and my hands are sore from a great day at Rhosniger, good winds, great waves, warm,

I promised myself never to get any other kite after using the bandit V for a full year, I love the five series bandit so much I did buy quite a few sets just in case they ruined the kite by altering the things that made it the best kite I have ever used in 12 years, the previous bandits were a mixed bag of various disappointments, which kept me faithful to Vegas kites for years after F one ruined there top of the range kites many years back,

Mark from boardworx sent me the shop 9 mtr demo kite, as he does every year, every model of bandit apart from the v series I have sent back, so when this six series arrived I bunged it in the van and left it there, convinced it would not be as good as the V series,

I even phoned Mark up and told him I did not want to dirty it as It would not be any better than the kites I already had, and it was wasted with me, he said its a demo, use it! And send it back, but try it first.

I did today, against one of my brand new Bandit five series kites

He is not getting the demo kite back.

And I ordered 4 more.

Boosts like a Vegas, IMO the best boosting kite available

Drifts even better than the bandit V

When you get pushed forward on the face of a fast wave and your moving fast without tight lines,you can pull in the bar just a little and spin the kite round without accelerating, I could not do that with the v series without the kite dropping alarmingly close to the surface,and never with a Vegas, the Vegas would just drop or accelerate so fast it pulled you off the wave

As for everything else it's as brilliant as the bandit V, still floats like before,

I know the Vegas is not that good in waves but I loved it for boosting and speed

Now I have got the lot in the new bandit,

Still say the north bar is the best for this kite, the 4 line north Trust fits perfectly without any adjustments,

Warning

The above post may contain a personal opinion

You know that Yeharr is in fact Kitingcolin's alta ego?

You tried the 2013 Vegas Col? even less of wave kite now.. Really doesnt dump it's power like 2012's.. Awesome in every other way though...

I have tried Maro's 9m Bandit 5 and was super impressed...

Kitingcolin had far to many posts, over 4000, and I needed a change Paul,

In fact I have tried next years Vegas, the 12 mtr, jumped straight on it after using my bandit V for 2 hours, and stupidly thought I knew all about Vegas kites, went straight for a massive boost and nearly killed myself with a case of bad timing, har! I nearly looped myself over the top of the kite, such a laugh,

It still shoots you up like a rocket, but the wave unsuitability just puts it outside the frame, and I sold my last Vegas 8 mths ago when I dropped my 10 mtr Vegas whilst sailing towards it on a wave, I sailed over the lines, sunk between the lines in front of the bar, when the kite relaunched with the lines around the back of my harness I thought of a new forum name for myself, yeeeharrrrr

Colinur old 14

does this mean a glut of V's are about to sprinkle on the market.

I always remember you for propping up the second hand sale. I was out on your old 14m era last weekend, still a powerhouse

Flipping heck is that royal era still going, now that was a light wind kite, only the North Dyno matches that great kite, pity royal era kites disappeared, their smaller versions were superb but I could not get hold of any, then I found out why, lots of people got stung with paid for orders not delivered over in USA

Flipping heck is that royal era still going, now that was a light wind kite, only the North Dyno matches that great kite, pity royal era kites disappeared, their smaller versions were superb but I could not get hold of any, then I found out why, lots of people got stung with paid for orders not delivered over in USA

It is but there was a 4 year break in the middle so its had an easy life. I think Royal are trying to come back to the UK now.

• 4 weeks later...
The 9 mtr will be the right size for today, may be too big if the wind tops out at 40 mph, yikes! :eek:

Might well find the top end of my 9mtr bandit six today, the walk to the water at new Brighton might mean I pump up my bandit V 8 mtr if its blowing that hard,

Did you manage to find 9m top end? I have 9m bandit V and I find low end to be really good but not sure about top end... do I need 7m ;)