12 to 15m Foils

Spielson

@idscasper

It depends, on inland grass spots you have grip and gusts so lets say 5/6 knots you're riding, feeling power, grip and if you're lucky you hit a gust and go into the air. But on a clean windy beach it's no fun with 5/6 knots, there the fun starts, for me at 65kg, from about 8/10 knots. But thats working hard so I stay on my local inland spots if the forecast is under 12 knots :)

@slide, thats so true, but with grass and good tyres you can yank that 10.5 blade pretty quick for his size. In the end it's what you prefer, low-end of the bladeIII 10.5, bladeIV 8.5 & 6.5 are verry close. I have a little hill in a little park and thats where the 10.5 shines :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a 15m Speed 3 Dlx about 18 months ago cos we seemed to be having a year with no wind. It was intended to allow me out in those really low wind conditions when my flying bud was on his 8.5m Blade IV. It has proved to be quite successful in those ultra light wind conditions, getting going at the same wind speed as the Blade, getting airbourne long before the Blade, and hitting the ground fewer times when the wind drops.

What I didn't expect was that as I got used to it I was able to take it out in stronger and stronger conditions, to the point where I now use it even when the wind is around the mid-20's mph! It has gone from an expensive kite that would allow me to salvage low wind sessions, to my main kite that I'll get out 80%+ of the time. And the amount of use I've had out of it has easily returned to me the cost of the kite from the value that I've had out of it.

Oh, and the haaaaaaaaangtime is absolutely awesome!

well i don't agree that the low end of the 10.5 III and the 8.5 IV are similar....the IV is nowhere near .....III 10.5 becomes a right handfull at 18mph, and begins the "forced downwind travel ", and that never really happens with the IV unless you take it really out in really high winds ....the IV IS quite gutless comparing it to a BladeIII........the III for me is the ultimate Blade , and the IV is more girlie , but more useable in crazy winds as it's power comes in much more gentle

Slide, thats the high-end you're talking about. In my experience the low-end of the IV8.5 is like 2 knots less, if its not 1 knot, I think thats verry close.

See it like this, I think the low-end of the speed3 15 dlx / speed3 19 dlx / speed2 15 sa / speed2 19 sa / bladeIII 8.5 / bladeIII 10.5 / bladeIV 8.5 / bladeIV 6.5 are all verry close... but different, I think thats good because there are so many different people uhhh.. kiters :D

can't comment on other low-end kites, these are the ones I flew more then 3 times :)

@high.as.a.kite

Yeah everyone in the netherlands with the 15m speed3 is telling me that too, what a kite!!! :D