North Wales 2010

sonicseal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got both of these kites, fly them on land mainly, love both of them, 12.5 is very foregiving, easy to fly and very very floaty, 8.5 i've only flown inland in gusty conditions, and i never felt intimitated by it, bear in mind i'm only a intermeadite rider.

bought new for 1400 2 kites 1 bar

Thanks for the reply Kevin, decided to get a set of 09 Wainmans instead (9m and 12m). Ive broken the number 1 rule in buying new kites and not tried them out yet. What can you do when theres no wind though.

So if I cant get to grips with them expect to see a lovely fresh set of 09 Wainmans up for sale quite soon.

p.s. Sorry theres no wind, my fault.

Cheers for getting me that number TallPaul much appreciated.

I went to the Glasfryn wakepark today with Penmaenmawr Pete (57isk i think is his name on here). At the moment i would say it is suited to beginner to intermediate riders for the reasons below.

Positives (for beginners and intermediates)

Only 1 on at a time so you get 1 on 1 tuition. Only 4 on per hour so it is just you and your mates.

Less people watching, personally for me that gave me confidence to try new stuf without walking back to the queue feeling an idiot.

If you fall off the cable stops so you grab the handle and start again. No long walks back!

No local wannabe pros and kids jumping the queue cos they know the guy operating the cable

No local wannabe pros in the queue making you feel intimidated because you are not part of the click

Negatives (for advanced)

Only 2 obstacles

Shorter layout than normal cables (longer than the demo one from last year im told)

No local wannabe pros to push yourself with

No local wannabe pros to watch, marvel at and learn from

Cost. You can only pay by the hour (maybe they will add a 2 hour or group deal later)

At the moment the last session runs at 1630, but if you have a group of 4 or more and call ahead they will run later sessions. I realy enjoyed it and wont be driving to sheffield again unless i am planning on spending the full day there to offset the fuel cost and travel time.

Hope this helps

Edited by jamesthebat

Oh that's crap Sam, why they taking so long? Maybe that's the answer to getting Nat back here with job - a kite repair business, she'd make a killing! :)

Can't do water today, will be down@4 for land. Done something strange to my ribs & was in agony in water last week, can't really risk it with BKSA comps nx wk, I have a 9m blimp to offer if that's any good to you though?

Got out with the new skim yesterday (Karl, borrow it for a template whenever you want :)) - how hilariously funny is that?!! Face plant central!!haha I could just about do transisitions in the river at KBay but as soon as I hit the "waves" straight on my face with a proper girly scream! :D I think I need a bit more wind to initially learn, it was only 10.5mph when I came in & was having more success on my own board once it dropped that low. Fingers crossed for a midweeker - how's the tide height fairing at Westshore at the mo at high tide? Enough room? :)

Ace, tx me! Tel him to tx if he's going out after skool weds. The only concern is high tide's at an inconvenient time so it'll be up to the stones which is why I was asking about Westshore. I've had an idea though - reckon you could park by the Mayquay & access the beach there as there's a bit of beach on the corner that never gets covered by the water - not entirely sure how far down it is though in my mind & you'll HAVE to stay upwind or you're in the dredged boat channel - I'll go check tomorrow at high tide if there's enough room & let you know :)

Last time we went we went off llanddulas at high tide, was a bit sketchy on the launch but once on the water it was cool. Wavey thou !

Still not signed up for westshore yet and its too far from here for a week night, I'd rather go to the wirral or blackpool for flat water and only an hour away :)