North Wales 2010

sonicseal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

westshore- launch by the pump house,be cautious at high tide as its easy to find yourself on the rocks to the left,best wait till the tide drops enough to show sand before going,oviouslly the groin itself but not really a problem. at lower tides there is a reef to watch for that does get exposed,also a boat wreak.it might be an idea if you take a gander at low tide to see where everything is. other than that be aware of the jelly fish and tourists.........

ahhh well, im sure ifyou search all of the kite related apps sometime now or in the future that if they havent actually got one now they will do soon with so many people working on new apps all the time. Its quite a simple idea really,it all works with the wind blowing through the microphone and then the force and dsitortion of the sound coming through is transcribed into a near accurate wind reading :)

I see your at Llanddulas though, not too far from here, you will have to hook up with a bunch of us sometime

No problems Feilong, you'll get to know loadsa people and get in the swing of things really fast. My kiting hotspots are either Conwy Morfa or Rhosneigr, only been down Westshore once because I dont have a permit.

I think it would be better for you to jump straight into the deep end and just come along to Westshore sometime when theres a few locals about, that way they can give you all the advice that you will need to get going solidly and not to worry about getting in the way of each other, even the big guns have that happen now n then. I got in the way when I started learning to Surf but everyone has to start somewhere.

The more experienced people out there will know automatically how experienced you are and they will steer away from you trying to make sure that you dont feel intimidated or underskilled.

Thats the way I got on anyway, hopefully it would work out the same for you.

As long as you check up on here before you go out for a session you should be able to find out whos going where :)

Not had a weather update from anyone in quite a while (apart from you sam!) so either people arnt out at the beaches or the grand idea is falling flat on its arse. If anyone hasn't added any new contacts in the north wales weather update link then please update and pursue your wannabe career as a weather boy/girl like this happy fella

"]http://

Cheers, much love

Ben

As some of you may or may not be aware...

Karen (Bartiebat) is in hospital in germany after attempting to jump her buggy over a swamp. Yup. a Swamp. Broken leg and torn ligaments. So a few operations are in order i think.

Might a long while recovery and a few operations. So here's to a speedy recovery and a get well soon!!!!

You might not be able to read this.. but we're thinking of you Kaz!

Quick up date there trying to get her home tomorrow. She's broken her knee and leg not sure about ligaments now things get lost in translation.

She wasn't doing anything silly at the time got pulled towards the ditch and just put her foot down to stop, leg got caught behind her and flipped the buggy into the ditch. She's in good spirits but its very difficult being out there on her so if you have her number send her a few texts. She has no internet access.

Quick up date there trying to get her home tomorrow. She's broken her knee and leg not sure about ligaments now things get lost in translation.

She wasn't doing anything silly at the time got pulled towards the ditch and just put her foot down to stop, leg got caught behind her and flipped the buggy into the ditch. She's in good spirits but its very difficult being out there on her so if you have her number send her a few texts. She has no internet access.

Gave her a text yesterday :)

hope she gets home asap!

Anyone going to rhossy tomorrow?? am instructor shadowing again before my course. but up for a session after it. XC says might be a bit light but metoffice says ok. will let folks know when i'm there.

Aaaannnd is there any possibility of a lift to a north facing beach on sunday off anybody??? from bangor. or a train station on that route.

anyone ever walked from conwy train station to morfa??? looks feckin miles.

anyone planning on llanfairfechan on sunday?

Latest on Karen (bartiebat) ......

She has a displaced Tibial Plateau Fracture (google it to see example)

Her ligaments are nearly none existent, but here's the facebook message sent to me if anyone is interested in her progress and what will happen in the near future etc....

Yeh good ta nice to be home for sure :)

Yeh it's really not very good at all have a displaced tibial plateau fracture -google it! But I also have no ligaments left. It's all very scary, doc says outlook isn't great, most important thing is to try & regain as much movement to provide a most normal daily life as poss but no more sports. I'm trying to remain positive & friends are amazing helping with that, but everytime I see the doc he has more bad news& it's hard. Going to theatre tomorrow, they still haven't decided what they are going to do & how many ops I'll need. Stuff they do now could affect the future, stuff they don't do now could affect the future too, alot of it's a gamble. Fingers crossed 2mro answers & fixes a lot of questions. I currently have no doubt in my mind I'll be up kiting, snowboarding & mountainbiking in 6-8mths time even if it's with a knee brace :)

Much love and sympathy goes out to her during the harsh times