Lickey Hill Flyers - www.lickeyhillflyers.com - Thread #24

jaffa_cake

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to report that Baz and I went to Borth yesterday - my knuckles are still dragging on the floor! Suffice to say it was totally mental - wind was never below 30mph and measured as gusting to 49mph! The beach was pretty well wet the whole time and we both got plastered head to toe in wet sandy mush, but some hairy speed runs which must have been near 40mph :eek::eek::eek: but the speedo wasn't working :mad:- sand got everywhere. I can safely say I have never flown a kite in wind like that before and even the 2m Buster was too much.

So have now got the beach out of my system if not quite out of my ears, nose, eyes and various other crevices. Bring on the grass at Kempsey!

Pics to follow of Baz with a face covered in sand - except where his sun glasses were.

How was Kempsey - not seen any reports of new PBs yet.

Cheers

Glen

• 2 weeks later...

Instructor Course

Now that we've had the first aid last week, we've had a few people interested in doing the instructor course. The first step now is to find out how many people actually want to do the course and find out what day is suitable for everyone.

If your interested please post with suitable dates of when you can do it. So we can organise a date that will suit everyone.

Cheers,

Dave

Had a great session up on the hill this aftrnoon, I forgot how good it is up there.

Was good to see Simon & Noobie up there, next time lads you'll have to bring some kit with you.

Looking forward to the BRS weekend Noobie & Si are coming who els is up for the weekend. Sariah could you pm me Erics phone number, it would be cool if we can stay at his place.

I have just texted a crowd of the L H F boys and girls and one or two others so far

Goochy boy, Adam & Sariha,Brett,Kilgore,Paula & Mark, Simon & Dan,Maddog, and Noobie are coming if I have missed you out you are welcome. The more the Merryer.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Tommorow I am ringing Eric about the bunkhouse. it would be nice to now approx numbers. Looking forward to another crazy LHF weekend. Bring it on.

I have just texted a crowd of the L H F boys and girls and one or two others so far

Goochy boy, Adam & Sariha,Brett,Kilgore,Paula & Mark, Simon & Dan,Maddog, and Noobie are coming if I have missed you out you are welcome. The more the Merryer.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Tommorow I am ringing Eric about the bunkhouse. it would be nice to now approx numbers. Looking forward to another crazy LHF weekend. Bring it on.

Count me and laura in too, might not be able to fly after my opp but will be cool just get out of the house, take some snaps.

Are we going down in convoy?

Sorry about the short notice, shame you cant make it Chris.

Would love to come along guys - thanks for the text Badger! However, need a bit more notice :(

Have a wicked session!

Looks like we got it right for you Barry. I know you talk Guy could you let him know whats going on:cool:

Sorry, I just assumed it would be this weekend coming.

Cool, count me in.

I spoke to Erics misses We have the climbing shed, last time we were charged a fiver a night

i believe bunk house is £7.50 now but has carpet

I need to have some idea on numbers so could you please post if your coming