Turbulence snowkiting, Norway April '08

sonicseal

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions:

Is there mobile signal and how is it for different providers?

Yes. Two providers. Telenor and Netcom.

Are we allowed to go exploring?
Yes. Norway has laws that gives people rights to go where they want.

When looking for some walkie talkie's what should i look out for, I.E. range and channels
Huh? I... I dont know that?? ...Uaaaaaahhhrrgg!!!!

You guys are going to have a fantastic experience in the Hardangavida area the snow and the scenery is breathtaking, I visited the area last year for the first time in the 5 years I have lived here and promised that I would return with my family.Take your photograpthic equiptment the sunsets are great. http://community.flexifoil.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

PAID :D yesterday :D

Questions:

Is there mobile signal and how is it for different providers?

Are we allowed to go exploring?

When looking for some walkie talkie's what should i look out for, I.E. range and channels

I should have a OneRoam simcard which recieves free calls from the UK.

Exploring: Plenty of unrestricted space. We will have a safety chat about explorations to keep everything safe, etc.

Not sure on the walkie-talkie specs. Most worked with each other apart from the Binetones??

Madcap - Cheers mate. You likely to be there during April this year dude? :)

Peter Riley - Many thanks. It is our third year to the snowkiting Mecca and we love it there. It is a harsh place but perfect for us kiters and the scenery is non-stop stunning.

Cool. Walkie-talkies are good for the Bergen to Haugastol drive. We also use them when we are checking the conditions at different hotspots.

I am sure the Binatones did not communicate with the others for some reason.

Madcap - Thanks for the link. We are there from 6th April to 1st May, I hope you can make it.

I think that some of the walkie talkies have sub divisions of the channels which makes them compatible if other people stay on the major channels but not if they go onto the 'minor' channels :confused:

Are we nearly there yet? (coz if we ain't I'm gonna wear out 'Something Stronger' with the number of viewings its getting!)