RS buggy on ebay

Rossp

I have been following this post from the start, having seen the comments on the Radsails buggy. I bought a Radsails as my first buggy simply because of price. I didn't know a lot about buggies,(hadn't found this forum!) but couldn't justify spending loads on a pricey bit of kit when I might not enjoy buggying (Fat Chance, I hear you all cry.......)

Anyway, my point is that my Radsails did me fine for about 6 months, EVEN THOUGH I am 6'6" tall and weigh 135 Kg. The rear axle did develop a slight "smile" but nothing major. The only real problem was tyres - if the pressure was low at all, the first turn will pull the tyre away from the rim, letting out all the air - no inner tubes, you see.

Anyway, with all your help, I decided to upgrade to a RS buggy. I received it yesterday with wide axle and wheels, and have spent a glorious day today at Old Hunstanton, thrashing it up and down. The buggy is so well made and solid after the Radsails that I realise I am better at the sport than I thought!

My advice to anyone looking to buy, is do it, with wide wheels a must - the axle length depends on what you want to be doing with it.

And if you get offered a Radsails at the right price - don't turn it down too quickly, they have their faults but are great fun, and fold down into a very small space.

Stay safe.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first buggy session in my brand spanking new RS Buggy:D :D

Having never been in a buggy before, didnt know what to expect.........but it was awesome.......turned into a 4 hour session in the end.

Managed some decent runs, and full turn without stopping......no OBE's ;) am just hoping we have wind tomorrow as i want more!!

Haven't smiled so much for ages....one big grin :D :D :D

Spoke to Ralf the other day and he says that the next batch of RS seats will have an adjusatable front strap like the mod ive done to mine........:D

Hes also working on a prototype RS backrest to, so watch this space....:D

I also mentioned about making thers out of Stainless Steel, he has thought of it but thinks it will be to expensive (do dosent know the silly prices we pay in the UK.......:eek:)

Good news is hes comitted to improving what is already a class product.

@ Bushy99 Mmmmmmmmmm enameled RS owners badges, you gort me thinking now.......:D:D

http://www.idealcarparts.com//images/Log1665%20RS%20Special%20Web.jpg

Now i can get hold of these, self adhesive chrome and red enamel badges for the downtube, not sure on a price...............:cool::cool:

And don't forget the self adhesive ones for the belly pan LOL

Dangerous Bob might do ORANGE but it's a limited market PMSL:D

Dont think so, however John at Buggybags made the roll bar bag for my RS so he sould be able to sort you a bag out.................:D

From what I can remember the distance between the back of the seat and the axle is to short to take a v-max / full race bag.

The roll bar bag would work without the additional support, however it would lose its shape when not "Full" of kit...............:eek:

Best bet is to give John a bell and see if he kept the templates to the RS bag, he should remeber it as its on the front page of buggybags.co.uk along with my V-flex.............:D:D

Got possibly the 1st RS Owner on the west coast, belongs to Luke. Simon will know luke, cause he sold him his Libre harness.. :D

Getting it with the 1.5m Axle, Midi wheels.

Bob, any chance of manufacturing a Black RS Pan? Arre you around St Andrews Fri/sat/sun/mon whis weekend? If so, any chance i can pick it up??

Cheers, il send you a PM.

Hi Adam,

Is Luke getting on ok with the harness?

I need to find out what material these belly pans are made from and where I can buy a sheet. Most of the added bits on my buggy have been made at home and the belly pan is the last thing needed. I'm not dissing anyone elses efforts, I'd just like to do this for myself purely for the personal satisfaction of having done it.

On another note, has anyone noticed that Ralf hasn't had any buggies for sale on Ebay for the past week?

See ya,

Si