wallop 06

Marky G

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallop is a great weekend away - not only do you get to fly with some of the best kiters, you meet loadsa new people - get to fly different kites - get to drink all weekend without being moaned at by parents, girlfriend of wife! Wallop has to be the best event in the kiting calendar - if people from other countries make the effort to coem over here for it - it must be a good weekend.

So Whens it likley to be then

Was the bankholiday weekend at the end of May last year, I assume it will be arranged for the same this year.

didnt go last year so whats the set up is there camping

Yes, camping alongside the perry track. Gets quire busy but I think everyone fit last year.

is it ok to take the family (Kids)

Yes. You will probably have to pay for them (was £15 each adult for the three nights last year, not sure on child prices) and if they want to fly any traction kites they will need BBC insurance. Stunt kites do not need insurance I believe. Oh, and dogs were not allowed last year.

and when are we going to know for real !!!

To be or not to be, that is the question!

Happy winds!

Can't say I have!

So come on, spill the beans.......

he aleady did :D :D see below lol

The rumour is that Flexiwallop 2006 has had the green light from the MOD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and so, the questions begin...

Museum of Army Flying

Army Aviation Centre, Middle Wallop, Stockbridge, Hampshire SO20 8DY

Tel: 01980 674421

...and the days tick slowly by...

how right you are ;)

If anyone wants me too i can find out if wallops on the museums calender of events, but judging by last year that doesnt really mean much as the august event was on there calender of events and it didnt happen lol

Sometimes it pays to have a boring old fart as a dad ;) comes in very handy when they just happen to be part of the museum comitte and know all the air corps big wigs :D lol

Fingers crossed but lets wait and see what flexi say and official confirmation...

I spoke to one of the kite retailers that is normally at Wallop and they said they had herd nothing from Flexifoil yet but are due to have a meeting with Flexi about it in a couple of weeks time. My guess would be that we wont don't get confirmation until after the retailers do....

I've already booked time off work :)

:D dont bother me if theres dogs there or not aslong as theres wind and drink :D

but come on wheres the latest from flexi we need to know if this festival is going to happen,

even just a release telling us what dates to take off from work i dont care just aslong as its official

like with the sunderland festival ive known since before xmas dates for that

so come on flexi pull your b*****d fingers out lol

ok rant over lol

I dont really care about if kids are admitted, but show a little solidarity you tosser, i would still fight for your right to bring your brood with you , just as i would fight for your right to drink yourself stupid , or even god forbid Board .Solidarity is what this used to be about, but i notice with dismay the kite world is fragmenting in to little clubs with smaller agendas and little bits of beach/land they can call there own, each with there own rules, fees and ideas, mark my words " this is the begining of the end" . I thought that evil coperations such as Flexifoil would ruin Buggying/boarding and its looks like i was wrong, it seems that we are runing buggying with the "i only care about me " attitude.