where can you kiteboard in lanzarote

hankster

went there last year on my honeymoon didnt bother taking kit in the end as i looked into it and theres only 1 place on the island called famara or simular and it was on the otherside to us so couldnt be bothered but when i got there found a good few quiet beaches with enough wind and space to launch and sail no prob so couldnt understand why they say only famara the beach out the back of hotel would have been perfect for at least 4 day during my visit and the beach was dead just watch out for jagged rock as its volcanic island theres sharp lava rock everywhere

hope this helps a bit

and i stayed in same resort you going to pretty qiet place few good bars 1 called jellyfish if i remember it was really quiet bar for some reason they got us so hammered on free shots n stuff had 3 wicked nights in there

and 3 rough morning due to it

i'm off to lanzarote thursday with the gf.and she's allowing me to take a couple of kites bless her.does anyone know of any good beaches,where dudes kitesurf.i'm going to costa teguise.or is it a ferry over to fuerventura?

just two small beaches there i flew a small two liner you could get a way with a four though no problem i would say the beaches are too busy to landboard.( in costa teguise).

The main beach for Kite surfing is Famara as stated. You will need a car to get there as the kite area is at the far end of the beach away from the village, the rest is restricted ( May bel lifted as the season gets later)

This is a great spot as the prevailing wind is ne and cross shore though there is little area to launch at high tide. Also the further right you go up the beach the smaller the waves tend to be.

There is a kite school there so give them some working area.

The Locals are great really friendly and helpful please approach them and say hello.

Costa Tegeuse will work if the wind becomes more northerly but even the locals say that it is dangerous and very gusty until you are clear of the bay. They tend to body drag out!! The wind strength tends to be from 15 to 29 mph and whilst I was there the most common kite was a 16 ( I only took a 14.5) though it is a bit of a guessing game.

To sum up def take your kit and hire a car and get to Famara