Iceland Trip, Who's Interested?

jeffsnox

Just a thought b4 I write me cheque out.........how good r those of u already booked up? Although we can both ski our arses off and kite buggy competently (well, most of the time I remain on the ground:D ) - we've still not put the two together yet and we don't want to end up being referred to as the two sad-sacks who couldn't keep up!?!:confused:
ont think there will be any problems there my experience consists of 2 trips to sheffield ski village .1 go on a home made board on a local field in the snow.

but im going to canada in january so should get some there !im taking my kites too so will give it a go

lots of snow kiters dont use snowboards they also use skis .it should be easyier to snow kite as you have more upper body stability using the kite !!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've snowboarded and I've kite-landboarded - but never kite-snowboarded. You won't be alone!!! :cool:
Me too. I'm excited already, can't wait until April. It seems years away, well it is next year so that could be part of the problem.

Should have some more Kiteboarding (land) experiance by then so should be awesome, oh and some more kites to play with :D

Alright mate... Been reading... Put me down for a place.. Been talking to my mate 'WoodyRew' as work with him... Sounds like an excelent trip and would love to join!

Cool. Email me on IcelandDeposit@kite-fantastic.co.uk and I'll send back instructions on how to pay the £90 deposit I need ASAP.

Have had five deposits in now, including my own, and I think there's another 2 on the way shortly. We're clearly not going to get 16 people so there's actually quite a limited number of spaces left now.

I'll do it on a first to pay deposit, first to get on the trip.

The answers to all these questions, and more(!) are written in the thread.

Can't remember the exact weight restriction but think it was 25kg cargo and 5kg hand - then £5 per additional kilo.

People are bringing their own gear, yes.

Closing date will be the moment I have 8 deposits... unless interest suddenly picks up and we can go for the full-on 16ppl discount.

Price is about £370 + flights I think. Flights are about £140 with www.icelandexpress.com

Thanks Jeffsnox for your comments. I am seriously considering it, but I'll read a bit more and get back to you.

I have been to Iceland before and it is fantastic country. I was cycling round the country at the time, and one thing that was constant was the wind - at the time i cursed it, but now that I have a kite addiction I have learnt to cherrish the wind :D :D :D

Cheers

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have NINE deposits, but Einar has said that that's fine. One person will have to go in another cabin, possibly sharing with some other people.

I'm going to send all of our deposits off to Iceland in 1 week when I return from Westward Ho! If any of you have changed your minds in that time then send me an email and I'll return your dosh. After that your £90 is tied up in the trip and non-refundable.

I'm leaving the trip open to newcomers. Maybe we can get another 7 people and fill that other cabin too? It will make the price cheaper for everyone so put the word about if you can. If anyone else is reading this then THERE ARE 7 PLACES AVAILABLE - IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP THEN EMAIL IcelandDeposit@kite-fantastic.co.uk AND I'LL SEND YOU PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR £90 DEPOSIT.

Landsat_TM suggested that I set up a mailing list for everyone on the trip. I think it's an excellent idea and I'll sort it out as soon as I get back from the Ho!

Speak to you all in a week http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Main place for discussing this trip is the thread in the Kite Fantastic forum. There's a whole bunch of images in there. Looks awesome.

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=676&start=60&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

PS. I spoke to someone yesterday who said that food prices in Iceland can be 4 or 5 times those we get in England so I asked Einar if any meals were included in the price and he confirmed that breakfast is included. For the other meals maybe we should take food with us? It only costs £5 per kilo on the plane, which might well work out cheaper than buying it out there. Anyone know what the lightest (weight) most alcoholic liquid is? Vodka? (neat alcohol maybe, and something to mix it with (snow?)).

oo i hadnt seen this thread...i may be interested...i have some snowboarding experience and a little kiteing experience (only had my blade for a few weeks...)...are people under 18 (im 17...) required to be accompanied by an adult?

Cheers,

-Ross

edit: also...im a little confused about priceing...in the other thread it states the price at £192 GBP but in this thread its £400 GBP:confused:...im sure it tells me somewhere in the thread but i dont have time to read it right now:rolleyes:

jeff whats happening with flights have we got to book or you gonna sort it?

oh yer, thats another question, which airport will the flights be from?

Ive had a chat with the parents, and if i dont need to be accompanied by an adult, i should be able to get a deposit off to you shortly...if u will all have me:rolleyes:

-Ross

[edit] ...never mind the 'accompanied by an adult' question, i just realised i will be 18 before this trip takes place *bitch slaps self for incompetence*:p

i went out last week and got myself some ski googles and a jacket .already got some salopets .just need a board and bindings now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

is everyone hiring gear here ?

jeff whats happening with flights have we got to book or you gonna sort it?

Might be an idea to try to get step-in bindings as that's what I've got and I think they'll be far better for snowkiting - launch kite, step into bindings and away you go - just make sure you get a leash though!

go down the kiteski route or kiteboard
You can never decide until you've given both a good shot...i found skis quicker to pick up, but i was never comfortable with them at high speeds - never got the whole 'stopping' thing very well:o ...I found snowboards harder to pick up at first due to them being much harder to balance on, especially when turning, but when u get it, it becomes second nature... i also found stopping a breeze compared to skis...thats just me though, im sure its different with every individual:)

Sent an email to jeffsnox to get my deposit sorted out:D - look forward to meeting you all:) (where do some of you kite here in the UK, it would be nice to get to know a few of you before hand...maybe get some pointers:p)

Cheers:)

-Ross

oh yer, and before any confusion sets in, this is a different ross:p

Jeff, can'y remember my password for kite fantastic!! But put me down as a 60:40 in fave, that'll be the wife as well!

Ross:D