Blade (the first) vs Blade II

LDT

Just received a second hand Blade1 4.9m. Problem is I expected a Blade II. Now I would like to know how much I should complain. How big is the difference in performance? What would the average difference in second hand value be?

Thanks for any input here...

Some people say that the blade 1s are the best but at the end of the day you where expecting a 2 and the 2's do tend to be worth quite a bit more than the 1s + they look alot better, if it was me mate Id play my face about it, if u where told it was a blade 2 thats just not on

Hey, on the differences between the kite.

BladeI V. II

1) Brighter colours on BI

2) The gauze extends further to the wingtips on the BII than the BI

3) Some of the first made blade I's have unsheathed bridlign, wheras Blade II's were all sheathed.

And something else that i cant quite remember, i believe the AR was altered in the range, though not too sure if the 4.9 was one of the kites that kept the same AR.

Absolutely agree with what others have said...if you thought it was a Blade 2 then you are within your rights to get a full refund.

Where'd you get it? I know there was a "Blade 4.9" advertised on eBay, and the seller had used images of a Blade 3. The final price was £195 and then the winner pulled out when he discovered it wasn't a Blade 3. The seller re-advertised it, but I didn't see what he put the second time.

Price-wise they're not a great amount different really. I personally prefer the Blade 1s, and would the same for a Blade 1 as I would pay for a Blade 2. However, on the whole, B2s do go for a little bit more.

As for differences with the kites, rasga's covered the important stuff, but I also think the bridling was different. Standing under a 4.9 Blade 1, you'll notice the foil looks slightly different than under a 4.9 Blade 2, whereas I think the foil itself is the same on both.

Thanks for the responses. I bought it from another danish guy who had an ad on the web. I only think it is sloppiness on his behalf. He was selling 5 blades and at least 3 of them is II´s. Anyway I wrote him a complaint. I hope he is reasonable.

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? 4.9 Blade 1s are usually in the £160 to £190 region, with Blade 2s being perhaps £20 more.

If I were you, and you paid perhaps a little over the odds, I'd just ask for a bit of money from the seller, rather than returning the kite to him. As others have said, performance-wise there's very little difference between the Blade 1s and 2s.

It also depends on condition. A mk1 in top condition can be quite sought after.

I have a 2.6 and 3.3 in good nick and I've no plans to ever sell them.

Have flown the 4.9 B1/B2 back to back before and noticed no difference.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second, but I have a Blade 2.6 for sale at an overly generous £140...pristine condition - muchos crispyness.