Parastorm Typhoon, any good?

andycorn

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nevermind

Speak to "Ant" or "sylenz" they both ride for Parastorm. and use them. I like it but find the side frames to high for buggy jumping but ok for everthing else.

Craig

The pic under my name is me in a parastorm........very comfy,quite a snug fit around the body. Certainly a different ride to the Flexi buggy, but i am getting on great with mine. The side rails are quite high,but if you adjust the seat to the 'high' position,you dont really notice,and it keeps you in the buggy nicely. I still have my Flexi buggy and love it to pieces but the Typhoon is certainly a worthy contender!!!!

Suspension would help build up more resistance before the jump,but wouldnt really help with the landing. Suspension tends to be quite fragile with heavy landings!!! Kieron has got lots of extras on the way including alloy wheels(got to get me a set of those!!). Best bet is to try one out and see how it suits you.

andy

i purchased my typhoon back in march from the "flying doc" and had a demo in one before i brought excellent in turning and skids no problem. really light and easy to get on two wheels.

got mine with the extra wide tyres :cool:

nice buggy all round very pleased with it, nice package with all the kit that comes with it.

cheers

Sounds like if I don't like the Gobi when it comes out, I'll be having a Typhoon then. Sounds great!

I'm emigrating to Spain soon, so the sand I'll be buggying on might be too soft for normal tyres, so I might have to get big foots. I'll have to reccy the beaches when I go over there.

Guest Nevermind

The gobi tyres are huge and from wht Keiron (parastorm owner and designer) said they can handle exceptionally soft sand. Saw them the other week and they were huge

Hi mate, I'll be going to Wallop saturday afternoon. Mrs is working in the morning, so I've got the kids til she finishes.

I'm hopeing to see the Gobi by then, but if it's STILL not at PKS, then I'd love a go in your Typhoon, cheers pal!

Bit of a trek to SP, but I'm off to Sundourne in a minute, and hopefully be there tomorrow afternoon too.

Cheers!

Well, that was nearly a waste of time at Sunny! Wind was there,,,,,,, then it wasn't! Let's just hope it's better tomorrow. Have a good time at Borth then, if you get there!

Not sure if there is any info on them yet. All I've been told about the Gobi is that it's got a 1700mm axle, air suspension, camber and tow adjustment, 500mm longer than the ARB, and the headstock has rake adjust too. It'll be £600 without wheels. There's another buggy called the Rush. I'll find where I wrote the details of that down later.

Andy

I've got a TYPHOON and love it.... it's a good allround buggy.

Mines kitted out with wide tyres. She handles well and can take the abuse i give to her:D Very lightweight and very easy to throw about, makes wheelies a breeze and jumpin good fun:)

Any one intrested i'll be at WALLOP if they want a bash... if you can get me out that is....:D

Will also have the orig PARASTORM with me kitted out with bigfoots.

SW

Guys... the Gobi will be a made to order buggy as the whole thing is a very expensive and hi-tech piece of kit.

Kieron will be running it at the Kite Festival at MABLE if folk wanna have a look c :D

The Rush which is the other parastorm buggy should be available soon. That will have wide axle,camber kit and swan neck... all these bits are subject to change.

The extra parts for the TYPHOON will be in the UK soon. The Brochures have been made 5,000 in all so as soon as the distributer pushes the brochures out they will be able to order them, again these are made to order.

Hope this has cleared up any confusion.... any more quieries ask away.... and dont believe all tha claptrap thats out there :D

SW

so is one of these new parastorms gonner be more of a racer then?

The RUSH is a new large race buggy (19 KGS ish) and the GOBI (94KGS) is the buggy they are crossing the.........wait for it...........wait...........Gobi Desert on. Parastorm says that the Gobi is the Rush but on steroids... about 25KGS of steroids per corner and at top money, Kevlar tyres and 12" Mag rims. They will configure anyone a GOBI buggy if they want sun burn!!! what price????