Starter Kite Surfing Kite

iainonline

I'm currently landboarding with a bullet 4.5m which is wicked. I want to progress to kite surfing / big air when flying. It's occured to me that I live no where near the sea and hence I really won't be on the water that much.

So I'm thinking I might buy an Arc or a Water foil? What do people think and what size should I go for? Are these kites good fun to fly in there own right? I want to get something to really pull / lift me around, the 4.5m bullet is an excellent kite but needs a decent wind before the real fun starts! Perhaps I should get a 8.5m blade instead - I flew one the other day and it was pretty good.

Thanks in advance.

Iain

If you do a little searching you will find that I like my waterfoil and have commented on it a bit. Be warned that a number of experienced kite surfers have stated that the waterfoil is not a good kite to learn with, although I think that was Peter Lynns intention with it. I haven't tried an arc, but I want to.

The waterfoil does seem to have a lot of lift!

JIM

get an arc mate this is the best for all round fling they are also great for learning as they are super stable and have great lift

never jumped sp high on a mtb

s arcs will be cheaper and if u convert them and put different atachment pnts on them u can make them quite fast

dunno about the guerilla only flew one once and it wasnt set up proper so cant reall comment

Hi

I've just learned to kitesurf with a 15m and 10m guerilla and they are fantastic kites. They are so stable and give nice floaty jumps and are good upwind. Now that i have learned i'm going to change to f one mach2's. In order to do this i'm selling my guerillas for £900 for the pair or £400ono for the 10m and £550ono for the 15m. Both will be supplied ready to fly with a 50cm bar for the 10m and a 60cm bar for the 15m.

Let me know if you are interested

Rick

email: chpc16@bangor.ac.uk