wot kite to buggy with

poly

hi all.

My girl friend is buying me a new bullet (3.5) for my birthday!!!! and I am going to buy a buggy (Flexifoil stn).

I am really competent with my super 10 but slightly less with my blade II and assume the same with the new bullet. Do you recommend starting buggying with my super 10 or the bullet? I have seen flexifoil videos of guys doing it with the super 10's but they are harder to hold in the wind window without constantly flying side to side, and i thought I might be better with the bullet??

any help would be appreciated

P.s. is the flexifoil buggy a good starter I weigh about 80kg and the shop said cheaper one's might not be as robust?

Cheers

i've never flown a bullet but you may find that it pulls equal to your blade if not more. You may be better off getting the 2.5 otherwise your 2 kites will be really similar, you can buggy with the blade in lighter winds without being pulled out, you'll be suprised how little wind is required to pull a buggy.

Matt

i would get a 2.5 bullet since you allready have the 4m blade.

no point having 2 kites so similar in size. get something smaller to learn with and for using in strongr winds. loads easier to learn buggying if your not too powered up and when you know what to do with it buggying with a small kite in big winds is to great fun

BK

I have trouble buggying with my balde II 3m. In strong wind its ok but my 4m is better without being to much. Iv'e tried with a 2.5 blade but you really do need strong wind to be pulled. It depends though where you are going to use it, if you always have good wind then i would recommend the 3 or 4m.

Just my opinion though. I used to use a 4.9 V-tech but you could be pulled out the buggy with that.

Tim

http://forestkiting.2ya.com

I'd recommend getting the Flexi buggy with the extra-wide rear axel, I started with the std and found it too tippy (for a beginner)... BTW: cheaper to get the buggy that way than to add the big axel later.

Other buggies are not quite as sturdy but will hold up fine if you're not jumping, Libre Special is definitely worth a look (read some good reviews, appears to be better than Flexi in most respects but probably more $).

I've also got a Bullet 3.5, your girlfriend picks great b-day presents :D

For a beginner, I know from experience that the extra stability means less to worry about when learning - and for someone new to both kites and buggying, the less to think about, the better. I definitely agree that the std axel is the way to go for freestyle, but that requires both skill and experience.

One more tip - go to your local hardware store when the buggy arrives and replace the bolts for the downtube with std (or high-tensile) steel (zinc-plated is normal), also get wingnuts to replace the locking nuts if you'll need to take it apart on a regular basis. The stainless bolts and nuts that come with the buggy can lock up, this means a hacksaw is the only way to get them off... Flexi was smart enough to provide non-stainless bolts for the rear tires (since those would have to be drilled out if they got stuck), but they seem to assume that you won't mind taking a hacksaw to the rest whenever you want to disassemble...

I currently have two Flexi buggies, 1 is std, the other has extra-wide axel and wide tires (only 20% more $, BTW) - the extra-wide has been very welcome while I get used to speed, harness, and everything else. My original plan was to sell the 1st one after the 2nd one arrived, but since the money is already spent I'm tempted to keep it for use as a tandem rig, spare tires, freestyle (when I have the appropriate skills), and so on. There's a local guy who may want to buy it (on vacation somewhere right now, may not have the cash when he returns - I think he went to Vegas...:(), I'd rather have another buggier on the beach than an unused buggy, but if he doesn't want it I won't be that disappointed.