Next Kite... Advice please Bullet??

shanedoyle

Hello all.. have a bit of a dilemma ive been buggying about a year now and have the bug.. so far my kite bag consists of

1.8m Imp

3m & 5.5m Firebee

4.2 Cquad (afraid to take it out of the bag as it took me hours to get it in the last time)

4.5m Little Devil

the 4.5LD & 3m get the most action.. Any ideas on what size to buy next am thinking of a 2m as the Imp is fairly useless for buggying - at the moment my dilemma is between 2.5 & 3.5 Bullet but as im a skinflint im looking for cheaper alternatives if at all possible.. Also look at the 2.2m PKD...

Cheers.

Shane

2m Bee (since you're used to bees...). Cheap, fast as ...., pulls like a real train in the right wind (feels like 50% more powerful than the 2.1m LD, athough I'm sure it isn't ;)). Great for buggying - ask darkwater and the buggiers up Selsley a few weekends ago or stonemonkey two weeks ago ;) ;).

Andy

I have been lucky enough to have been flying a 2.5 Bullet for the last 3 weeks and can confirm that it is an excellent buggy engine being quick, very stable with little uplift. The kite recovers very well and Viper flyers will be glad to know that the Bullet lands easily using the brakes. Also been comparing the 4.5 Bullet alongside 4m Blade 2 with m8 around a triangular course and would say that they are very similar in power.

The 2m Bee is a good high wind kite. However after about a year of serious abuse mine has got a few tears in it. The spinaker tape is holding though. As its on its way out I have ordered a LD2.1. The 2m and 3m Firebee do seem to match in size, the 3m becomes overpowered ( for me) just when the 2m comes on song.

On that basis a 2.5m might not be a big enough step down, particularly if its quite efficient.