Boa Vista Cape Verde.

mick

Just back today from 2 weeks on the island of Boa Vista. Weather was great but wind, 12 mtre weather most of the time but seeing as I took quite awful chest infection with me, the first week was spent recovering not on the water.

Previously, I sailed from the hotel Riu Karamboa but this time we rented a lovely apartment in Sal Rei. Unfortunately not all inc. but food and drink is quite cheap. Certainly far cheaper than the majors like the Canaries or mainland Spain. If anyone wants any numbers, just let me know and I'll send you a link.

I sailed from the French kiteschool. The Italian one has gone. This put the wreck to the left or predominently down wind. Not ideal I know but if you can stay upwind, no probs.

They do a storage and rescue package which is sensible as the winds are always cross off.

Got a few photos and I'll post em up in a bit.

Now whats been happening here while Ive been away ?

Mandy missed you so much he put up a photo to help us all find you... true love hey.

Really? I'll take him off my 'ignore' list and have a look ? A photo you say.

Here's one from Cape Verde. A complete head shave I'm afraid. Its just me on the beach with Earl. A 4th generation Cape Verdian. I could do with an Earl over here. Any takers? :D

DSC_4239.jpeg

Edited by mick