Kitesurf Boracay, Philippines 2013-14 part 2

reefretreat

Hmm ok, is that how you respond ok lets feed the troll, first of well umm F@$K you. No I don't have the power over prices of hotels, nice little talent to have I suspect. I work with some really knowledgable Phillipino guys (in there respected trades) & asked them based on wages in the Phillipines, they came back with way over pieced, so there. I said I read that on another forum, was hoping someone could set the record straight but alas it's not to be.

Australia is overpriced on a lot of things but I can get a room in a nice place on an awesome beach in Queensland on 4 hours of my pay/night. Now before you respond I'm not some overpaid executive, I'm just I tradesman. Can you say the same for the average local on Boracay????

So suff coming to an overcrowded dump, full of morons I'm heading to Aitukai to spend my money, look it up it's in the Cook Islands.

Cuyu is also pretty nice if you want to avoid boracay and everything asias number 1 tourist beach brings. I lived on boracay for only half a year but that was long enough to hate all the touts and realise if I had stayed much longer I should consider getting a bodyguard like what 70%? The long term expats have on the island.... why is that anyways? At first I was kind of shocked about it but after ahwhile it kind of just made sense. Its not like the dudes wandering around in a suit with a earpiece but it helps to have someone you can just call incase someone decides they want some of the money your earning on the island to feed there kids. I knew a guy who had lived on the island for over 20 years and he still had nearly every taut harassing him daily on white beach where he walked to and from work every damn day.

Gotto say tho if you want a crazy month of kiteing and partying it cant be beat. But after a month of it it all just gets kind of sad a samey. Children pulling food from burning rubbish piles and shit like that gets a little unnerveing whats worse is you get used to it.

Now what reef retreat said is right there is some cheap accomodation on the island. Just not in any of the hotels or resorts but there are some little unit sort of places in a village that the filo tourists use. I found that pretty good. What I found intresting tho was how everyone allmost spites you like your supposed to be this rich westerner. You can end up paying alot more for alot less then you can in australia. A backpackers in cairns is like 10$ a night theres heeeeaps of places on boracay waaaaaay worse then a cairns backpackers for like 30$ a night. But you know a bbq chickens 160 peso (theyll try charge you 200 tho) and I eventually found a "room" kinda just slept on a buddys balcony/room sort of thing for $5 a night had my kite gear chained to a structual bit of the house (bamboo) so wed all wake up if someone tried takeing it .... what the fuck am I even talking for hahaha

Anyways reef retreat didnt mean to shit on your parade but I accidently gave a crate of beer to your reception when you were away one time because I had it mixed up with the other reef retreat sounding resort place. Anyways all good hahahaha

:good: Thanks for the write up Kozzie, bodyguards, touts (people trying to sell you stuff) & the fact the stuff you saw which would cause an outcry in any western country, but you got used to it. Well thats enough for me to avoid it at all costs, found a better place to go. Boracay is now off the destination list forever for me, just read way to many bad things about the place. Might be pristine & beautiful, I want to go somewhere with minimal people, pristine water & conditions, like I said before would rather go to the Cook Islands