Best places to fly in Hertfordshire?

dinkytoes

I fly over the show ground in Stevenage (opposite Stevenage boro ground) nearly every weekend. There are normally 3 of us, all new to the kiting game.

not to far from me cant believe i never thought of that its quite a big open space isn't it?

I normally fly over hartham but whenever i go now theres always football games and its quite dirty wind with all the trees.

Yeah field is nice and big... used to fly my peter powell there many moons ago..

Best winds are southerly / northerly. When the leaves fall it should be good all round :)

There is no footy played there (unless the kids drag the dads over there), its normally empty too, which is a bonus.

Only down side if is boro are playing then the car park gets full very quick :(

I should be over this weekend, weather permitting (fingers crossed it's looking good - nice winds)

• 1 month later...
I fly over the show ground in Stevenage (opposite Stevenage boro ground) nearly every weekend. There are normally 3 of us, all new to the kiting game.

Hi,

I am new to kiting and find that area ideal. I was over there mid week with my son and saw a couple of guys there, was it you?

We have started with a Flexifoil 2.0 meter Big Buzz, but I have been totally biten by the kiting bug and just purchased a 3.5 meter Flexifoil Bullet to hopefully give me an introduction to 4 line kites with more pulling power.

Hopefully see you over there some time?

Any pointers to help me getting started would be nice.

Cheers,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I am new to kiting and find that area ideal. I was over there mid week with my son and saw a couple of guys there, was it you?

We have started with a Flexifoil 2.0 meter Big Buzz, but I have been totally biten by the kiting bug and just purchased a 3.5 meter Flexifoil Bullet to hopefully give me an introduction to 4 line kites with more pulling power.

Hopefully see you over there some time?

Any pointers to help me getting started would be nice.

Cheers,

Simon

So sorry Simon didn't see this :(

If it was mid week, it was probably one of the others I fly with.

I only get out at weekends (at present) but try to get out every weekend !! (sunday mainly)

Yeah feel free to ask us, tbh I use this forum to find what I need :)

We're still learning ..... but thats the fun part.

We all have buggys now and the kites are getting bigger too.

Stewart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ware, Stevenage and Hitchin are all about 20-25mins from Therfield Heath here on the outskirts of Royston and home of the Royston Power Kiters soon we'll be out again at weekends and then around March/April time we should start appearing on the Heath again in the evenings as they get lighter and warmer.. Hope to see some of you there sometime. !

• 1 month later...