North Wales 2010

sonicseal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone up for camping this weekend?

where you thinkin paul... DIY free weekend so was hopin to chase some wind.

bartie... sorry I didnt catch up with yer last week. family hols in Llandulas and bugger all internet /phone connection so was a little out of contact.

did manage a little sesh at newbro (rubbish wind!). A sesh at kinmel .. sunny skies, good wind and lagoontastic all to myself and the school dudes... and finally a rare 'wind pushing the right way' sesh at llandulas.. mushy wave sesh all good until I got a face full of jellyfish.... aaaagggghh it hurt... a lot :mad: .. was intersting trying to land a kite not being able to see !!

plus the muscle spasms for the rest of the night made me look like I was fighting a severe case of torrets syndrome!

have ordered up some anti jelly suncream for my next n.wales trip!!

Hahaha Yeh I had that - Emma & Scott showed me that 5 pints of larger, 2 bottles of blue wkd & a JD & coke stops the stinging if that's any help!! Then I went for a second dip later in the week & got hit in the face!! Maybe I should just learn to stay on top of the water instead of trying to cuddle them all!! Anyway Jeff Otter (triathlete kitesurfer from kinmel-ish) recommends this stuff that they use for open water swims ...Bodyglide Sun Formula Regular 36.9g Only £10.79

Can't camp this weekend as camped last weekend, camping in Germany next weekend & at Airboss the weekend after, but if we're not on the Jo Wilson course can definitely come play :) Ooh that reminds me, Marijn said he's in Germany & Airboss if you want him to send over some cheese Paul? :)

Does anybody in North Wales want a pair of beat up old Liquid Force transit bindings??? Will fit 8 inch, 6.5 inch and possibly 6 inch spacings. can drill to fit any others though.

Cracking for a first pair of binders. i'm upgrading (i think!)

Take a crate of beer for em!

Can I try em fella before you get rid :D

Had the session of my life last night at the nova, beach was awful, wind & 15m Charger were perfect & everything happened to complete perfection!!

In a bid to burst my bubble, best do it again tonight then! Tides are getting later but still poss to do a land sesh but if anyone fancies a kbay water, shout me, need to replicate it in the wet stuff :)

I is an unhooked backrolling machine!

took a few heavy slams too.

next on the list - tantrums and S-bends.

lovely evening session at llanddona. only one out. nice flat bits. turns out i can still land powered tricks in this country!

Same again tomorrow. Probably going to be rammed at weekend. but i guess it'll be nice to kite with people. If not, might hit llanfairf.f.

Yeh go you Sam :) I can throw tantrums, it's be a while though (Andy would probably disagree!!hehe). My big air upside down dangly to twizzleys were back to Turkey standard :D I'm not sure it wasn't almost cheating though, it does seem to be very flat everywhere at the mo! Meh, it's all for claiming :D I do hurt a lot this morning! Itl pass! ;)

Know what you mean Ed, I gota stop cuddling them pesky beasts! I only saw one yesterday but tingling all over again!

Roll on 4pm :)

Hi i'm a bit of a newby to the sport and the area. Could someone tell me what tide/ how far off high tide does west shore work i.e. enough space to unpack and pack up because I'd rather avoid any fancy launching and landing techniques for a while; I'm still working on the standing up bit :) Any other information about westshore would be appreciated (I've already sorted out a permit and of course insurance) but wouldn't mind having a heads up about any underwater objects/ best places to launch and land etc. Thanks in advance