alpha lites

guerilla

For kiting I found the Primo Alphas were more grippy than the MBS T1's all all surfaces except "super hard packed, wind blow away top surface, so like concrete" in which case there was no real difference.

Anything soft and the T1's seemed to clog up to easily and make them in effect slicks.

BUT have now switch to MBS T3's which are VERY grippy, only time will tell how durable they are, buthad them a couple of moths and they are supper grippy.

Almost to the point that I had to change my power slide technique a bit :)

Go for them IMHO if you can afford them as they are £45 compared to the Alpha Lites at £39.

Give Stu/Di at ATB a shout and say Spooky sent you :rolleyes:

Jon

How T3's are compared to GI Balistik? I have the GI ones on my trampa and I found that they were sliding a bit too much on wet grass...

T3s are a lot grippier than the GIs, so far I've found them to be the grippiest tyre on the market by a fair margin, which caught me off guard at first. For general inland use I don't like them, finding that they grip too much making it difficult to put my board sideways through tacks, to slow down or for correction when landing with the board at a bit of an angle. However they excel on less grippy surfaces like sand, and particularly on wet grass.

This is just my opinion, I prefer to sacrifice a bit of grip for the sake of slide control, but I can see why these would be an excellent choice for a lot of people. I currently use GIs.