RS buggy on ebay

Rossp

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, I've finally stopped messing with the RS (for now) so here’s the finished article.

Details of the changes/modifications are as follows:

1. Replacement of old RS seat for new one with new side rail covers - much better than the old ones too.

2. Addition of modified ‘Trikbitz’ back rest.

3. Foot peg covers made from old shoulder straps from an old gunbag.

4. Foot strap riser straps added.

5. Addition of old Flexifoil Buggybag. (www.buggybags.co.uk)

6. Cover made for backrest.

7. New splashguard patiently made by wifey.

8. Swan neck modification by Maverick (Smart Arse) ;) .

Total cost – including original buggy price and all modifications: £260.00

Now all I need to do is go out and get it dirty. :D

Pictures below...

http://www.kitenutz.com/images/RS002.jpg

http://www.kitenutz.com/images/RS003.jpg

http://www.kitenutz.com/images/RS004.jpg

http://www.kitenutz.com/images/RS005.jpg

...I am looking to get my first buggy, is the RS going to be a suitable as a lot of people suggest a second hand flexibug?...

Hi Dale,

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. If you're going to be seriously into Freestyle, you should probably go for the Flexi if only for the fact that it's got a proven track record in that arena. I'm still waiting for someone to jump an RS with any regularity. My initial thoughts are that it'd hold up just as well as anything else if only for the fact that the wheels are held on with 20mm bolts (as opposed to the 12mm variety on the Flexi) and the RS back axle is strong enough that even with me standing on it - I weigh 18 stone - it doesn't bend!

If you want something you can cruise with and you're looking for good stability and comfort, go for the RS. The RS is my third buggy after having owned a Flexi and a V-Max and for what I want, the RS knocks spots off the other pair although that's just a personal preference. For the money, you won't go far wrong with an RS and if you don't like it, there are plenty of people out there wanting one by all accounts.

If you're going to go for one, make sure you go for the wider axle (either 1.35m or 1.5m) and the wide tyres... Especially if you want to cruise and your intended riding surface is anything other than green sand ;) .

Hope this helps,

See ya,

Si

Cheers Si,

I am mostly looking for something to learn the basics on, so stability is important.

I, like you am a big lad, at 6'3" and 17 stone it needs to be able to handle the weight and also leg length is no problem for the taller rider i presume?

As you say the feedback does seem to be all very positive.........so i think i am going to take the plunge. There's one on ebay for 175 buy it now.

Cheers for the advice, you'll probably see various post on 'how do you do........' over the next few months!!

Dale

I'v been reading the posts about the RS buggy so far i have been impressed with the comments.

I own a flexi bug that i use for freestyle and would like a cruiser for long beach runs (as 35 mph in flexi is some what twitchy to say the least) but can't justify the cost of a vmax as i won't use it as much as the flexi.

Can the RS owners tell me what the quality of the buggy is like in respect to the strenght of it? and compared to libre equivilants the special and Vmax?

Strong axle??? the weld joins for the clamps on the downtube?

what is the rigidity like, does the front end have much flex tacking up wind at speed?

having owned a vmax in the past will i be disappointed? or does the price reflect the buggy?

thanks Adam

The rear axle is made from what i can only describe as a scaffolding pole very strong and no danger of bending it, the rear axle has four bolts that connect it to the rear axle and this connection point also looks unbreakable as for flexing at speed i would be very surprised if this was to happen.

Have a look here there are some good pics of the RS and you can see the connection of the rear axle. http://www.putfile.com/edinburghflyers

@ Madge, basicly with the RS yoyu ar getting a Libre clone buggy someware between a Special and a V-max............:D

Construction is on a par with Libre (far better than my old Special)

Ive had mine in the "air" about three feet after hitting a 6 inch deep stram of water at sped that nearly tossed me out of the bug with a very heavy landing that bent my backrest.......:eek: but not a mark on the RS........:D

Its been hit and run over by a heavy race buggy....:eek: just skuffed the powder coat.......:D

So id say its fairly bomb proof............:D and you can defo buy with confidance that you buying a quality bug at a discount price......:D

@ Madge, basicly with the RS yoyu ar getting a Libre clone buggy someware between a Special and a V-max............:D

Construction is on a par with Libre (far better than my old Special)

Ive had mine in the "air" about three feet after hitting a 6 inch deep stram of water at sped that nearly tossed me out of the bug with a very heavy landing that bent my backrest.......:eek: but not a mark on the RS........:D

Its been hit and run over by a heavy race buggy....:eek: just skuffed the powder coat.......:D

So id say its fairly bomb proof............:D and you can defo buy with confidance that you buying a quality bug at a discount price......:D

thanks very much for the info and re-assuarance, from the pictures that you have posted they look fairly tough.

Good to know the construction is solid.

After spending quite a few hours playing with the RS to make it into an 'individual' piece of kit, we've been having a chat at home about what else Ralf could do to turn the RS into the best value-for-money buggy on the market.

If I had the choice, I'd ask for exactly what I've got now but in Stainless Steel and I'd also add bigfoot lites as well probably.

On a slightly different note, has anyone bought an RS specifically for freestyle?

See ya,

Si

£400 inc postage got me a 1.5m rear axel, swan neck downtube, wide front fork, bigfoot lites all round and it came with a genuine Libre seat. Also some side rail extenders and a splash guard.

It's great, can't beat the RS buggy for the cost.

Just need to gety some time and nice winds to play in it more.

Grebby

Hi people,

Progress report.

Just got back from 2 weeks at Newgale. Managed to get some serious time in the RS.

It rocks. Mega stable at 31mph on a 2 mile reach well powered up....on the standard axle....being a lard ass helps hold the power I suppose.

Slides well on the sand and is well predictable. The only "incident" was when I hit a large hole with the front wheel (thanks top those kids that dug it) and I got spat out of the buggy. The wife said that both back wheels came off the deck about 3 feet and the buggy just kept rolling for about another 20 feet. No damage (to the buggy, I'm black and blue).

Well impressed:):):)