RS buggy on ebay

Rossp

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmmmmmm Chav's A, there is probabley less talk on the forum regarding this buggy than there is the "Fexi bug", it just that the RS is all in one thread.....:D

Regarding everyone modding there buggys, then the real chav's must be flexi owners, what with seat belts, quick release hubs, stiffend side rails and towel rails!!

Now why does any one want a towel rail on the back of there bugg !!! Is for a hand towel or a fully blown bath sheet.........ROFPMWL or is a way reserving your part of the beach.................:D:D:D:D

I take it the Flexi Bug is the Citroen Saxo of the buggy world....:p:p

PS: im only joking.......now were did i put that cup holder...............LOL

go on bushy tell them who is doning the photo

OK mate. Thought we couldn't advertise. But if you insist. Whatever "doning" means???

Photo will be done by those wonderful people at Encona Solutions. A top web design company that can help you with all of your T'internet needs. Very helpful and friendly. Also very clean and hygienic.

And not a Daewoo Jeep to be seen:D

Mmmmmmmmmm Chav's A, there is probabley less talk on the forum regarding this buggy than there is the "Fexi bug", it just that the RS is all in one thread.....:D

Regarding everyone modding there buggys, then the real chav's must be flexi owners, what with seat belts, quick release hubs, stiffend side rails and towel rails!!

Now why does any one want a towel rail on the back of there bugg !!! Is for a hand towel or a fully blown bath sheet.........ROFPMWL or is a way reserving your part of the beach.................:D:D:D:D

I take it the Flexi Bug is the Citroen Saxo of the buggy world....:p:p

PS: im only joking.......now were did i put that cup holder...............LOL

pmsl - lol i got me saxo of the buggy world :):)

go on bushy tell them who is doning the photo

OK mate. Thought we couldn't advertise. But if you insist. Whatever "doning" means???

Photo will be done by those wonderful people at Encona Solutions. A top web design company that can help you with all of your T'internet needs. Very helpful and friendly. Also very clean and hygienic.

And not a Daewoo Jeep to be seen:D

will be on it over the weekend mate

www.enconasolutions.co.uk :):):)

tomorrows web sites, today, at next years prices:):):):)

Just managed to find a way to put blue running lights under the buggy powered off a dynamo from the front wheel......photo to follow;) :D

Should look sweet with the burberry belly pan:D

Where you going to fit your amp and bass tube ???????????????????????

Mmmmmm. Need one of those nice buggy bags for that. Bling bling:D

Right, on a serious note:rolleyes:

I am sending the pattern to Dangerous Bob for the belly pan. If anyone has contacted Bob recently "available soon" really is soon. It does mean that the pan will follow the RS siderails rather than having to mod a Libre Special as the bends are different.

The delay is totally my fault as I have been up to my neck in work lately.

Well Luke and I rought our buggies out today. I noticed that the RS uses thicker steel than the V-Max, but there is absolutely bugger all back support, which the V-Max has plenty of.

Wheels on the RS are great.. and since it was pouring down with rain 10 miins before we were out (and during !!) , the grass was lovely and slippery, 30ft powerslides !!!

Anyway enough talking, heres the pics, Luke on the left in his Blue RS and me in the Black V-Max. Sorry for the sh!te quality.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7513/p3280006mx3.jpg

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/2506/p3280013qh7.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8080/p3280021ld4.jpg

Looks to have a higher sitting position than the Vmax ???????

Yep. The V-Max has a deeper seat, the RS (for me anyway) felt sort of like a "sit on" instead of a "sit in" compared to the V-Max.

But yeah, the RS siderails are alot higher compared to the V-Max's, and it felt if the kite really pulled you, it MIGHT drag you out, as in the Libre you have plenty of support.

Or maybe just the big guy is messing with your vision!!!

Looks to have a higher sitting position than the Vmax ???????

Yep. The V-Max has a deeper seat, the RS (for me anyway) felt sort of like a "sit on" instead of a "sit in" compared to the V-Max.

But yeah, the RS siderails are alot higher compared to the V-Max's, and it felt if the kite really pulled you, it MIGHT drag you out, as in the Libre you have plenty of support.

Or maybe just the big guy is messing with your vision!!!

Strange quote, as the side rails in the RS are NOT as deep as the V-max, and are more like the Libre Special. Being more shallow means that you have less of the side rail for support, giving a shallower seat.

For a true comparison we should look at an RS / Special review, ive had both but will only be acused of being biased if i gave a review of both...;)

Yes there is less back support comparing an RS seat to that of a Libre, but then an RS seat costs about £40 shipped compared to over £100 for the Libre seat.......:eek:

You can greatly improve the rear seat support by the way you attach the rear seat strap (i must post a pic of mine)......:rolleyes:

Ralph recognises this and ive been asked to produce a copy of my RS back rest, to i beleve be fitted to 2007 spec RS buggys.........:D

If you feel you are sitting on, an not in the seat it may be that its not set up correctly,

Have you alterd the front loop ala Libre so that you can move the seat further back (this mod will be standard on the new seats due end of October)

Once the seat is moved back (check some of the picture in this thread) the seat should be set up so that you can get a Joan Collins (four fingers........LOL) between the lowest part of the seat and the ground.

If you want any of the pitures of the seat mod / seat straps set up, let me know and ill post some pictures.

As a guide hear is a quick Libre / RS comparison

Forks: Libre V-max / special standard Max tyre is a barrow RS standard Max tyre is a Delli midi (wider)

Geometery: RS has more "trail" in the forks (better stability)

Foot pegs: RS are a direct copy of a Libra v-max / full race

Fork bearing:Libre = plastic RS = twin ballraced (same as full race)

Down tube: as Libra V-max 40mm box infinatly adjustable.(special is 30mm box with pre set adustments)

Side rails :RS more like a Libre Special, V-max are deeper (more support)

Seat: RS is a cross between Special and v-max (Special dimensions but looks more like a V-max if that makes sence)

Rear axle: RS is thicker / stronger than Libre (interchangable)

Wheels: All have 20mm bearings front and rear (Libre 20mm rear 12mm front)