Landings:

Marc.six

Righty ho, this noob just took a step up in the kiting world and i've started to get my first 6ftish pendulums going, about to get a new kite so everything's looking good on the progression front, but when i'm landing i'm finding that my ankles are taking some strain from not coming down properly, anyone have any advice in how to soak up the landings?

Also when a big gust comes and people get lofted up 20ft and nasty stuff happens, is there anyway to make it slightly safer when you land (if you can), like how parachutist's roll after landing (millitary stylee), could that be intergrated into the landing of a bad loft somehow?

I dont know if I put this in the right words...but I do understand what your asking.........If you know how parashuters land.... then use this in everyday kiting....when you land just make sure that your feet are in a good position to take the landing and take the shock because you will hit the ground with bump..every time you jump...it will be be different......not the rise but the landing because you dont know how the wind will take you......and from my own flights I have never had two the same and this is what you learn... and that is to relax.....when the kite lifts you .........RELAX...just hold the handles and go with the flight ...when you need to come down...put your feet in the right postion and take the bump but please put some style into this or you will look like a prat...and you will not impress the girlys........................................................looser......do the maths

hope this helps......

RoCkHoPpEr

Check this thread....

http://www.flexifoil.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=69544&page=2&pp=15

When you're this high up (after the relaxing things Rockhopper said and I agree with) the landing is gotta be "TUCK AND ROLL" every time.

My jump :D was on a 4.9m Blade 3 and they're not quite big enough to be floaty for my weight - that's why I normally jump with my 6.6m Blade - the landings are more floaty - they're even floaty when I get it right in the buggy too.

The Tim Hammond jump was on a Blade 8.5m in very silly wind - 35mph gusts ou can tell by the way he's wrestling it into the air - and thats why he was up for so long

but again "TUCK and ROLL" or bust yer legs

Frakke

the better the wind and your kite and technique are the floatier your landings. best way to land is probably running to take some of the force out of the land. if you need to the best way to avoid hurting yourself is to tuck and roll when you land from a bad gust. try land on soft ground like sand or wet grass as it helps.