The list of Kite Friendly Ski Resorts

Plugus Maximus

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Fagerasen in Norway in March!!! Hoping to go kite boarding....Never done snowboarding- absolute pants with an MTB (OK with a Buggy though)... OH Yeah to add to it I'm also goofy footed (from my skateboarding/surfing days)...so this should be an interesting trip. Nice to hear that it could be easier than MTB as for the "duck stance" no idea but sounds wierd.

I was also thinking of taking my own kites with me to save on the rental costs but wasn't sure if they would be big enough as everyone else in the photo's on their web site has like 9m+ I've got a 3m,4m (radsails) and 6.6m bladeIII would they work OK ???

Frakke

Ive kited Fagerasen, its a sweet spot if there is plenty of snow, mind the rocks (and trees) if not. The 6.6 will be cool if wind is light. It seems to be either light or very strong and it always gets windier the higher up the hill u go:D Hook up with Thom Rune, he was instructing there when we went. Nice bloke and v helpful.

Dan

Here is a nice map of the french area -

http://www.semnozkitesurfing.com/data_htm/mapsks.htm

showing all resorts /areas - use the +/- to zoom down and click on the snowflakes for further info - some show nice pics and links to local schools -

Note there is a site at pas de la casa in andorra - but described as experience rider only

Any of the Resorts in Scotland,

cos there is never any snow.

(crap season again boo hoo)

Ggln

PaJ

Well actually you couldn't be more wrong, we were up there (Glenshee) in November this year as well as last. Then again yesterday, saw a few kites up. One guy was getting on exceptionally well. The Nevis Range just now is great as well so anyone that can get there its worth the go, check out their website.