Wind range for an 8.5 blade3

Racinsnake2

I had one for a while, (and am hoping to get another). I'm 12 stone, and the lowest I managed to fly the kite was about 2 or 3 mph, and the most was about 12 to 15 I'd guess. In those sorts of winds it was just about static lifting me with each slight gust, and flying it quick across the top of the window was lifting me about ten feet.

I don't know if Ez has a wind-metre, or is just extremely extreme, but over 20 mph winds with an 8.5 Blade 3?! Don't try that unless you're very, very experienced!!

EDIT: Have just realised this post is in the Kitesurfing forum. Sorry, I picked up on it from the main screen. Yes, if you're taking the 8.5 onto the water then Ez's estimates would be more realistic.

Hiya Racinsnake

I'm the blond old man with the 13 mtr Guuuurilla. and I've met you.

I weigh 75kgs and I start to moonwalk at 28kmh with the 8.5 esp. if I let it overfly. I fly two lines and the wind speed at which I can hold it down depends on how much brake I let hang loose - as long as I don't let it overfly - move it side to side to avoid overflying - 28kmph is the max with slack brakes - thats the last knot in the the brake bridle as it comes.

This is static, on the ground, guess it changes when you're moving - don' t know about that yet but would love to know before I find out for myself.

Good luck in selling those kites, mine goes soon as well.

Regards

Sail

I'd hardly call you an old man!!!!!!!!!!

Think i'm going to have to keep the 15m for a while so i'll only be ksurfing with my 6.4 and 4.9, i'll have to wait for the magic money monster to bless me with an 8.5m.

We'lll have to have a session with your 8.5 one day and if the wind picks up then we can put my 6.4 up!

See you soon

Have fun

Rick