Help me!! What kit should i buy thats good all rounder

Guest viper777

Guest viper777

I need help. I have about £500 to spend on a kite. I love extreme sports anything that goes fast, high and has large sence of danger.

I have been offered a blade 2 9m for £465 brand new.

I have been really interested but i am worried that i am going to end up in outter space. I am 5'10 and weight 13 stone. and am well built. But i have heard storied of people going sky ward with the blade 2 4.7m.

Help me.

I want to slowly get into all parts of kiting. I love big and powerful. but not stupidly deadly.

Thank you for ur help anyone.

The viper

Dude, that's WAY TOO BIG! It also sounds a little on the expensive side for a Blade 2, although I may be wrong on this front. Check the other thread active at the moment regarding Bullets/Blades etc (http://www.flexifoil.com/community/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15064) . You should certainly start with something like a 3.5m Bullet, or a 3m Blade, or even a Super 10... A 9m Blade would massively overpower you, especially as (from what I gather) you have no power-kiting experience.

Take care,

Danhttp://www.flexifoil.com/community/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15064

dont be silly !!!! thats a big kite please be sensible,read other threads ask for advice,be careful. i hurt myself with a 4.5 bullet thought i knew better ,banged her up in a v strong wind lifted 15ft slammed to the ground dragged 100yrds at about 40mph ouch ,ouch ,OUCH.i was lucky very lucky i have definatley learnt my lesson,i always put up my 2.1ld first if im unsure.

I take it from your post that this is your first power kite. If so I think you could probably charge whoever offered you the 9m Blade 2 with attempted murder.

Try a search on the forums for words like 'injury' and 'pain' and you'll see that even a relatively small power kite will have no respect for your 13 stone no matter how 'well built' you are.

Recent example

Start off with something arround the 3 - 4m max, depending on usual wind speeds where you live. You could get the entire range of PKD busters (except the 0.7) for £500 giving you a something to fly in all conditions. That way you won't be stuck indoors waiting for the right wind or tempted to fly in what you know is too much and end up scaring or hurting yourself!

£500 would be better spent on two kites i.e. a 2.1LD and a 4m blade. That way you would have a larger wind range covered the 2.1 for higher wind and the 4m blade for low wind. This way you wouldnt end up dead.

Try a kite before you buy one to see what the power is really like. A 9m blade would be far too big and be unusable for a beginner in anything above 7mph.

If you must go big for your first kite then dont go above a 4.9m blade

Rick

Guest viper777

I seem to get the picture. The pain seems 2 much. Anyone got any ideas for a kite or 2.

Want to be able to do all the sports bording bugging and all. And even some kite surfing.

If i got 2 kites would it be a good idea for me to get a storm kite and all the kit + a kite for land and a board or buggy.

If i got a storm kit what size would be a good start and what kind of board.

What size should my land kite be (i don't really like the stacker kites)

The kites would be used for a nice day at Camber on the beach.

Thanks all

The Viper

If you want to fly in various windspeeds, you will need multiple kites (different sizes) - if you only have 1 or 2 kites, you'll be pathetically underpowered some of the time and dangerously overpowered at other times.

Best bet is to start smaller and work your way up as you acquire skill - 9m would be bad news unless you already have experience and only use it in ligher winds (i.e.: 5-6mph or less).

Aim for about the 3m - 4.9m mark to start with if going for the 4.9 be very careful and start in VERY light winds, as you should with any kite if you are fairly new to the sport. If you can get an experienced flyer to go with you the first time or see other people at the flying site and tell them you are starting out and they will help with setup and tips (usually).

For god's sake and the sake of the sport do not get a 9m Blade as your first kite, whoever offered to sell that to you as a beginner / first kite should either be ashamed of themselves or they were joking (I Hope)