Late arvo kite session

Darren Tibbey

@Darren Tibbey Nice to see another 1.5m NS3 in the air!  I like the colors you chose (readers:  the 1.5m is a custom job and you get to choose the colors).  Most of my flying with my little wasp-on-a-string has been on the beach static from handles with the bridling rigged z-style. I've only flown it in a buggy once on the Ivanpah playa and it was a fun but nerve wracking experience. It was also from handles strong arm style.  The little devil darted all over the place and required constant laser focus on my part to keep it under control. One little twitch and it would go screaming furiously about.  Certainly pilot issues. 

Its a great kite. Not to overpowered for my 7 year old. He loves it. Wants to fly it again tomorrow after school. Also a great kite for high wind days but yes it is quick but that makes it fun. Flew the 4mtr right next to it was slow in comparison. But way more pull. Thomas tried the 4 aswell but scared him so back to the 1.5. Joel rigged up a nice easy bar setup for it with a safety wrist strap for him so if it all turns to crap he just lets go. Its a real winner for its size. Compared to the 1.0 uniq we first got him it pulls like a truck. Cant see the uniq getting much air time now.? 

3 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Its a great kite. Not to overpowered for my 7 year old. He loves it. Wants to fly it again tomorrow after school. Also a great kite for high wind days but yes it is quick but that makes it fun. Flew the 4mtr right next to it was slow in comparison. But way more pull. Thomas tried the 4 aswell but scared him so back to the 1.5. Joel rigged up a nice easy bar setup for it with a safety wrist strap for him so if it all turns to crap he just lets go. Its a real winner for its size. Compared to the 1.0 uniq we first got him it pulls like a truck. Cant see the uniq getting much air time now.? 

The 1.5 would be a great kite for a 7 year old!  Good on ya. That bar set up sounds perfect for him. I too had a short term (read one night stand) relationship with a 4.5m Uniq Quad. It's wind window and force ramp was really disappointing compared to the NS3s. The Uniq pulled hard downwind but tapered off extremely quickly. Much broader sweep with the NS3s.