help please so confused

steve c

:confused: hi all im looking at buying a new kite at the end of november would be greatfull if you could tell me what yu think of these kites and which one you would go for. i narrow it down to these 4 i will also be using then on land to but mostly on the water

north rebel

north evo

cabrinha convert

f-one bandit dos

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you planning to do on the water freestyle , waves or just cruising around. (guessing your on about the new 09 gear aswell?)

The north kites are nice , was out in Egypt last week and a guy was going HUGE on the new rebel (the low wind seems impressive aswell). Looks very nice so if your looking at freestyle or just cruising would differently go for one. If your a beginner or wave riding would look at the evo its pretty quick and easy to relaunch but very average its pretty much there beginner kite.

IMO cabrina are over priced for what they are but if your wanting a BOW there nice. Never used a bandit so can't comment.

Like menitoned above the Rev's are nice (great safety aswell) i would also look towards the flexi atom if your a beginner (some good deals on them at the moment) or the flexi ion2 or ion3.

cheers guys let youknow abit more about me iv been flying for 7 years now and on the water for 2 ijust like having run and jumping not good at spinning around lose all track of were i am so jumping as high as i can i would say is me and thr ruffer the sea the better

thanks for the feed back so far keep it coming please

if you have the money

go Slingshot Rev, i Honestly cant recomened it highly enough. its brilliant at everything

Tom

as Tom says - had the rebel and so many others - the rev is the dogs gonads..:D

but if you have to stickto the list..the rebel is an awesome kite...despite pain in the arse 5th line (but super safe):)

I agree with Gorilla, if you are expecting you new kites to be radically better than your Bularoos, I think you mayl be disappointed with your outlay. The 10 is good kite, but not sure about the 16m- too big?

I don't know quite how much the new Dos differs in feel to the Bandit, but deltas such as the Bandit are a different feel to your Bularoos. More static pull, and need more positve steering input. More wakestyle kites, deffo try before you buy. You may like or not.

i agree alastair the evo is a fast turning powerful kite. it's a handful in strong winds! very good low end power i thought too

the bandit dos is not like for example, the core combat. the combat needs a lot of bar input when powered but turns quickly. the bandit dos turns very light and easy, i think the static pull depends very much on where you have the bar as it has lots of depower too

The convert and Evo are very much beginners kite which you may soon outgrow.

After seeing Jaime Herraiz chose an Evo 5 days on the row in Tarifa this year, and then watch him killing it with all manner of powered moves and loops, it didn't look like a beginners kite to me .......

I would agree with Alastairy here... I wouldn't say the Evo was a beginners kite either ...

I think it was aimed at the beginners market but became very popular in waves due to it being four line ... and the rebel being fifth.(don't ask why not a surfer... something to do with fifth line getting caught around the kites in the swell when crashed)

Hence why there is rumours going about of releasing something else for the schools...

But then again if Jamie is riding it and he had design input with Ralph then it can't be too bad....Perhaps its had some input into the vegas....

I may be wrong...

But back to the orginal post ... It would make more sense to have the same brand... then like i said above you know what to expect... Plus you could just buy K/O and use the bar you have with your other two kites..

After seeing Jaime Herraiz chose an Evo 5 days on the row in Tarifa this year, and then watch him killing it with all manner of powered moves and loops, it didn't look like a beginners kite to me .......

I would agree with Alastairy here... I wouldn't say the Evo was a beginners kite either ...

I think it was aimed at the beginners market but became very popular in waves due to it being four line ... and the rebel being fifth.(don't ask why not a surfer... something to do with fifth line getting caught around the kites in the swell when crashed)

Hence why there is rumours going about of releasing something else for the schools...

But then again if Jamie is riding it and he had design input with Ralph then it can't be too bad....Perhaps its had some input into the vegas....

I may be wrong...

Strange. My missus really wanted one, but was told by a certain North dealer that it was for schools and beginners and she'd soon outgrow it and to get a Rebel instead.

I may be wrong...

Strange. My missus really wanted one, but was told by a certain North dealer that it was for schools and beginners and she'd soon outgrow it and to get a Rebel instead.

Horses for courses i guess....