• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day of work today so went out in the buggy, still no new 3m kite, so was using the 5m Flow with the PL comp xr+. 

The wind was forecast as 25kph with gusts to 40, so was seriously powered up! A bit scary harnessed in - managed two firsts though, my first buggy jump - entirely unintentional and a 360 spin in the buggy then kept going! again not fully intended, but awesome! :crazypilot:

Spent some time after that going around the course for the land yachts, building my confidence and speed in the harness and over-powered! And lots of going sideways :-)

Did manage a new PB, so close to 60kph now!

post-7343-14336631696969_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Thats really moving! you made my day as I took delivery of a new 4m Access early this week and wouldn't have thought it would be capable of that sought of speed.Whats makes it more impressive is that speed in a PL MKII Buggy! :clapping:

Does your Buggy have a standard width rear axle? and what wheels and tyres are you running?

Cheers

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I'll grudgingly post this one. This was with a 4m Ozone Access in about 30knots riding a Peter Lynn Outlaw Buggy on barrows.

I was chasing a ticket to the 70kmh club. I did a run on the DRY LAKE at Kingston SE South Australia last week and got a respectable 69.1kmh. I knew I could go higher if I just got my line right and scored that extra gust at the right moment. Then the wind gods smiled upon me and I was off! The ride was so smooth that I had time to watch the GPS....69.0....69.1...still accelerating....69.2...69.3....another gust, I felt the buggy accelerate again...69.4....then BLANK.....GPS battery went flat. :wall2:

Forgive me if I don't look elated in the photo below

post-5646-14336632725227_thumb.jpg