Kiting NT .. or .. Marty's Corner

JKS

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No idea Marty, but I would stay on the land, plenty of handbags up there.

Maybe consider taking up fishing instead?..........leave your buggy in Qld where we can all enjoy it :D

I remember reading something, not sure if it was on here about Rangers or similar taking a dim view of kiting in and around Darwin. Was an old post though, I think I picked it up when doing a search for something else.

Good luck :drinks:

Marty,

I have lived and kited up there...the winds are usually off shore in the dry, and buggying is not allowed on the main beaches because the Rangers have a problem with the issue of public liability...However there is a park over the Rapid Creek bridge that is OK to kite in off shore conditions...although a little gusty...but close to town..and a little bumpy..

Most the kiters up there are easy to get along with. Don't worry about the crocs, there to busy eating sharks to worry aboyt chewin up people....If you want you can purchase Croc Attack insurance, however it is more probable that you you will win lotto than get attacked by a croc.....However the lotto doesn't lurk in the waters at the beach..

When swimming in the NT I always drink heaps of beer to help ease the pain if you get stung by a box jelly fish or attacked by a tiger shark or croc...a

Anything you want to know ...give me a ring...When are you headin up?

Barrie :D

Cheers Barry ....

Not sure when ... depends on how much I shocked em with the $$ I want.

I should have made it clearer but I am only really considering kiting on the land,though the summer heat may change that.

Being used to 1 1/2 hour drives to get to the beach should open up a few options out of town I would imagine.

The tides (I hear) are really big right ?

WOW

I have been having a look around Google .... I had NO Idea (Purely cause I hadn't looked :blush: )

There are SO many HUGE beaches and salt (looking) flats ,,, they are fuggin everywhere :eek::D

Buffalo creek

Mickett creek

Gunn point (as you said) :eek:

Glyde point :eek::eek:

What about the beaches north of Hotham :eek::eek::eek: Looks BIGGER than your beach Gozzy :tongue2:

And then ... drumroll .... theres Dundee Beach :eek::eek::eek::eek: Looks like it gets over 1km wide !!

Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ...Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ... Please dont be a national park ...

Somebody tell me Dundee beach is NOT a national park !!

Or The Slat (looking) flats north of Kununurra on the WA side of the border

There has to be something special there !!

I am starting to like the look of this :D

Better get a gun rack made for the bug.

Dundee Beach :crazypilot: ...I forgot about that one....bit of a drive though...and is not national park...and you may need a 4x4 to get there in the wet season, unless they have bitumuned the road...

As for Buffalo Creek.....I think the Rangers have squashed that one for land kiting :aggressive: .....but you could give it a try...watch out for the pack of wild dogs that hang around there as well...they love kids :goplay: ...

If you you do go up there go see Geoff at FunSupply at Nightcliff and ask him what the go is...

Barrie

Don't forget to take some croc treats with ya as well. :D

I use to take the wife fishing with me as insurance...crocs usually go for the smallest prey..the one they are most likely to get..

Hmmmm.....I just had a moment of clarity......I am starting to realise why I am divorced... :wall2:

Cheers,

I use to take the wife fishing with me as insurance...crocs usually go for the smallest prey..the one they are most likely to get..

Hmmmm.....I just had a moment of clarity......I am starting to realise why I am divorced... :wall2:

Cheers,

Hmmm I wonder why :rofl: :rofl:

Crock snacks ........... check :smoke:

Wild dogs ............... check :hunter:

4wd ..................... check :goplay:

Ranger .................. check :blind:

Geoff @ Funsupply .... check :telephone:

Wife as decoy .......... check :girl_razy:

My goodness golly gratuitous me !!!!! some of them beaches look absolutely massive .... the Sandbars to the north of and the beach itself at Gunn point ! Far out Brussel sprout.

I wonder why they call it 'Dingo' point ... I am going to associate that with no 2 on the list :D

Soooooooooooooooo many big beaches ... :beach:

Where the FUG is Kneebuster when you need him :diablo:

Hey Gozzy .... need a new e-mote organized.

1 Croc chasing a buggy please :D

the rules of living in the Top End :

* MUST be able to drink copious amounts of alcohol every day

* if its Dangerous... it's ok to do it

* if you look like a fruit loop doing it ..you will fit in at Dundee Beach

* If it pisses off a politician ..it gets banned

* if you get caught doing anything illegal blame your neighbour

*if that fails ..Declare you are of aboriginal descent :good:

* beer IS the official Currency in Northern Territory.

* you must live there for a minimum of 150 years before you are can call yourself a local (a lot of local look they have too! )

you must own one (or all) of the following : Ute, Gun (or some sort of weapon) , shed, block of land (at Dundee) , tattoo, 2 or more fridges and finally a Pig Dog.

Heh heh heh @ Video ... nice one Jeremy, I we go I will have to get you to make up a bracket to mount one of those babies on the forks of the Cougar :D + a clip on each side rail for ammunition (Don't want to make her out of balance)

Baggsy .... after meeting you, I have a fair idea of the 'long term' effects of the NT (God have mercy on the James clan) :tongue2:

Simon .... Currently in $$ negotiations, from there I/we will decide what to do :fear::mail1::russian_roulette::punish2::hunter::punish::telephone:

I gave em me terms and then like all good bosses, they chopped me out at the knees ... so now it's the battle of the wills

Gee I speak s&$t ..... :o in reality, they came back about 30% under what I asked for and I said no .... then I said please sir, could I have some more.

Back @ it on Monday for round 2

Marty

Lucky to be unlucky

they came back about 30% under what I asked for and I said no .... then I said please sir, could I have some more.

30% could be ur either your tax money, OR, a nice mini gun mounted on the cougar.... :yes3: Being its NT, im sure the tax man is slow and pissed up that way, so i'd budget for the new cougar mod :D

Dave :drinks:

I don't know if it's possible to stay away from them up there Gozzy .... I think you can only work in with them.

One of the big issues in the back of my head is how quick/much/often will the wet season change the accessibility of any areas I find. I guess I will have to interrogate the locals and discover the 'go'. I don't wanna be enjoying some beach one minute and then cut off by rivers the next :o

Brendon better be brushing the dust offa his gear as mine wont be arriving till the end of the year.

KNEEBUSTER .... answer the fugging thread :shout:

Hey Simon .... Monday night 9.30 .... flight booked :tease:

I will be fly in fly out till the end of the year ... so one week off every 3.

I hope to have a meet up with everyone through at least one of those weeks so you will have to organize a BLOODY wind one :D

It's a blessing and a curse all mixed into one. I am very lucky to have such an opportunity, and very torn to leave what I know.

Lucky I have a good bunch of mates and a super family.

Marty