What Size Venom II 16M or 13M?

Themmings

Gonna take the plunge soon on a depower (thank you Stuey - still laughing are we :p).

Anyways, I have a bit of free cash from closing down one of my other hobbies so probably gonna buy a VII new (seeing as they're like rocking horse sh!te on the second hand market at the mo - understandably).

Thing is, not sure what to go for a 16M or a 13M. I aim to fly both but am interested in other peeps thoughts.

I'm around 12.5 stone. Ultra freestyle ain't my bag, but getting nice floaty air on my board will be. I'm currently flying a range of Blade 4.9, 6.6, and 8.5's.

I fly in land 90% of the time and have no plans at this stage to Kitesurf - but, should I ever get the desire would like to have the option.

I also wouldn't rule out owning both a 16M and 13M (or should it be a 16 and a 10??), but at the moment it will just be the one..

So, Venom flyers - would love to hear your thoughts...

Appreciated. Cheers folks.:)

I flew a V I 13m yesterday and it was pretty cool.

What's the justification for going bigger - i.e to 16M, is it a mixture of rider weight and extra punch in lower winds or is there a lot more to it?

If my weight ain't gonna change much, plus coming in to the Autumn months when the winds typically stronger - perhaps the 13 would be sufficient for the first purchase.

Hmmm?

Love my V16 and V10,

V16 seems plenty lifty and floaty enough for me (I'm 16 stone :( ) and when that gets to much providing the wind isn't to turbulent then the 10 takes over perfectly. The 10 is good fun but you have to keep your wits about you in high winds, cos you can go up high but you can come down fast if you get it wrong. Wicked fun though and has a better lowend than you would imagine due to its speed.

Can't comment on 13 as only flown it a handful of times.

Just noticed you were talking VII's and mine are V's so my comments may be inappropriate.

Jon

ohhh.. tough choice!!

Hmmm... the 16 is still fast enough, it depowers loads and will "park and ride" better than the 13. The 13 is very fast, generates it's power through it's speed in the air.

the 16 will lift you from the floor, the 13 will hoik you high and fast.

The onl way to really compare them is to give them a run back to back.

PM sent

@ Cletus, Adamski, everybody :D :D ... after other sort of related thread now i'm wondering the same .. is the 13 or 16 :confused: .. and again no chance of testing.

Wind range in my area goes from 12 to 25 mph (max) however average year around is 14 to 17 mph; sure in other places goes even higher - and right now in Hurricane season, almost no limits.

I'm afraid of getting the wrong one .. 13 too small or requires a higher wind range than what i normally get ???

My weight is 13 stones.

What do you guys think ???

Thanks, Juan M

@Juan M. I weigh about the same as you and I think that you will find the 13 too small for 14 to 17 mph. I took 13 out in 25mph yesterday and it was amazing. If youre wind is not going to get over 17mph then definatley get the 16, I wouldnt want to go on a 16 in 25mph winds. a guy at my local spot yesterday was getting 25 foot jumps on a 16 in 25mph (not even fully powered up).

Yeah, VII16 is fek'n spot on (15st + mainly water!!!!) and i'm now thinking that it'll prob go higher than 25mph waterside with more comfort if you use shorter lines - 20m?? Anyone tried this on land/water?:confused: up to 30mph+??:confused: :eek:

I'm imaginin it'll be a real snappy turning, haul ass motha:D :D

Just bring it on:cool: