last gasp any one going

satin black

If what Garry says is true then you have got to laugh!

The Super Cup was started by me correct.

Although I guess in effect I can make any decision I want based on my personal preference I do not!

All decisions regarding the Super Cup I canvass opinion from the dedicated team Andy Simon Jonny also Pete Shaw of X-Zone.

On some matters the sponsors are consulted and on racing matters I often canvass opinion of the top racers ie the top ten.

The Super Cup is basically a democratic organisation as everyone has a say and those more involved have more of as say.

The Super Cup has always been a race series for the racers by the racers!

We paid a flat fee of £1.50 for every pilot who completed a lap this year at WSYC. That may be set to change; if it does then it may well be reflected in the price next year.

Everyone was charged the same price regardless of affiliation to PKA, WSYC, BBC.

This worked because we were insured by the PKA as event organisers who accepted either Fed or PKSF insurance this year and that is why we ran together this year. They needed the pilots to go to their events and we needed the insurance, quid pro quo.

The only difference was at the Ainsdale 6hr where the event was insured by the FED and run by the club so pilots who were non-members of a FED club had to join for a day for the insurance hence the extra charge of £5 all of which was quit reasonable.

An extra charge of £5 for non PKA or Ainsdale members for the Last Gasp just for the sake of it is unreasonable?

Gray

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange question Nev?

The Super Cup is run by Graham......with help from others, but it's his.....not the FED's or the PKA's.

It was associated with the PKA this year (2004) to ease the logistics for pilots.

I no the super cup was run by Graham wot i was geting at is we all pay £10 to race ,if it is £15 in 2005 we all would pay the same and so on. but in PKA races we has fed members have to pay more, so i has one think this is not right , has we all fly kites at the end of the day and sit in a buggy

DOH!

My apologies regarding the Hoylake fees!

I must have got confused with the fact that GaRRy was trying to collect money off non-racers at some of the weekends, presume that was the PKA days when a bunch of us were just practicing. In fact I seem to recall putting money in the tea/coffee pot for that so I don't know why I was thinking it was only non WSYC members.

I for one won't be joining Ainsdale to save a fiver, it's rare enough that I get down to Hoylake, enough to make it worth my while being a member there though!

Um, back to Rich......

Sell us the last gasp, or is the point that you are setting fees high to avoid having too many turn up?

JIM

Um, back to Rich......

Sell us the last gasp, or is the point that you are setting fees high to avoid having too many turn up?

JIM

OK

The event is a PKA event that is traditionally entered mostly by PKA members.

The event is open (and welcomes) non members.

PKA members have supported the association through their annual membership fees.

The race entrance fee is £15.

An extra £5 is being charged to non members for this one event.

Kitebeach members do not pay the extra £5 because their club has supported the event.

It is not a dig at other FED members.

If the fee was £10 for all, there would still be a forum discussion about something to do with the PKA and its events.

Rich

Looking forward to a good straight 4 hours of racing on a large and interesting beach to finish the year.

It is not a dig at other FED members.

If the fee was £10 for all, there would still be a forum discussion about something to do with the PKA and its events.

Rich

Why?

What is it then?

Thats a cheap shot Rich and very sad :(

You have done such a good job of avoiding answering any questions you should be a politian.

Why?

Because otherwise why be a member of an organisation if non members have the same benefits

What is it then?

for the reasons above and nothing more

Thats a cheap shot Rich and very sad :(

As regular forum users we have both seen knocking against organisations. I want to see the race series grow whether SC, PKA, local clubs or anyone else and I will support But I don't like to think that newbies will be put off (as I was when I first got involved in the sport).

Don't take it personally Andy that the quote was aimed at you.

You have done such a good job of avoiding answering any questions you should be a politian.

I don't think that I have avoided answering anything but then I am an Insurance Salesman:)

Going offline now

Rich

For some reason I expect the number of club members to grow suddenly!

Maybe I should set a closing date for non-local members of this weekend. To make it fair:)

:) :) - membership applications can be found at the club website and from myself :) :)

Ah well all this discussion has meant that this thread is one of the most viewed at the moment - I relly hope it is not putting too many people off coming to the event??

You should have know Rich that an event at Ainsdale would have caused an argument - anything to do with Ainsdale causes an argument :) :) Maybe its cause its so close to Liverpool - calm down, calm down :) :)

jesus christ i only asked what was going not for a war of words to start

this any one going who is not wrap up in red tape and is any one going for the buggying beer and good old laugh

hobbies and sport is ment to be fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES I'm going for the buggying, beer and and a good old laugh,

Cant wait,

See you all there,

Martin

P.S. Well done Rich for organising the event !!!!I bet you didnt realise it would get so political?

OK

The event is a PKA event that is traditionally entered mostly by PKA members.

The event is open (and welcomes) non members.

I know you had said that before but I wanted you to spell it out again because I think some people may have been thinking the opposite. My tactic worked :D

PKA members have supported the association through their annual membership fees.

The race entrance fee is £15.

Kitebeach members do not pay the extra £5 because their club has supported the event.

And when you put it like that the extra charge doesn't sound so bad, after all if it wasn't cheaper for PKA members they would have to ask why they bother joining! As for kitebeach, I'm surprised those scouse scallys haven't demanded free entry 'cos it's their beach :D

I think I'm going - at the moment it looks like there will be 3 other Scots (um, only 3 scots total actually 'cos I'm an immigrant) heading down so I should be OK for transport!

Did you say you had also been going out of your way to find out about local accomodation for those that can't be bothered to find it for themselves?

JIM

Unless you and Flydad have changed yer minds or been advised otherwise (perhaps on a cost review basis? - would be interesting to hear if so) I'm expecting you to head down. Also Bill is hoping Stu will have finished his buggy by then so he can pick it up at the race, obviously if it's not ready Bill won't be racing and therefore won't be going.....

Hang on, The Flyin' Scotsman is half English aren't you ;)

JIM

will not be able to go for drink

with you will only be there sunday

HOORAY!!!!!! a quiet evening for a change ;) :D mind you I don't hold out a lot of hope for your chances at

hi

it will be nice to beat you lot

by 1 place

did you like that fly dad

After all that was after a night on the tiles from memory :p (ok I know its not very good these days ;) ) so you might just be failing to achieve it again:D :D

see you there Dave! :) (and I WILL be having a drink or 6 on Saturday night:o )

Did you say you had also been going out of your way to find out about local accomodation for those that can't be bothered to find it for themselves?

JIM

Thanks Jim;)

Fatel mistake I made mentioning accomodation:( :(

Pontins were not, then they were and now they are not.:mad:

Travel Inn/lodge now has opening on Sunday 5th:(

I have no local knowledge and have asked for any guidance on digs, I have not got my digs sorted yet!!!!

Rich

http://www.visitsouthport.com/accommodation/frame.htm?index.htm

Info on accomodation. Rich has been asking for info for a while, sorry I have had few problems and I am mad busy in work to really sort out a lot. In the future we will be ok with the travel inn but that doesnt help this year.

If anyone needs any maps or any other help then please let me know.