buggy jumping

Phatdan

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I fully understand bud, I am just crap at diy / making stuff, it looks safer than what I am using now, plus my existing seat belt seams to get caught up in my harness then jams into my leg, the breaking strain of that wire has to more than a seat belt too, a guy called Russel is also gonna send me an aircraft type seat belt to have a look at & test.

Carl.

HI Guys,

have got a source for aircraft lap belts complete with fixings.

http://www.clearproductions.biz/images/belt.jpg

Bargain price £15.00 inc P&P. These belts have been refurbished to FAA standards ready to be refitted into aircraft.

PM me if your interested

Hi Russel,

Do you know if they will release whilst under tension ?

(ie. getting dragged along beach upside down) :eek:

That's the thing that puts people off using car seatbelts, etc I think.

Cheers Bob.

as if wee man would pull it (the release that is) ...or not until he was halfway down the tees, then he'd come back surfin on his feet:D

car seatbelts work well, jus keep it lubed with silicone bro.

Hi Russel,

Do you know if they will release whilst under tension ?

(ie. getting dragged along beach upside down) :eek:

That's the thing that puts people off using car seatbelts, etc I think.

Cheers Bob.

The problem really is weather you could reach the belt to release it, I always get the kite under control first then release. never had issue with releasing when I've been upside down.

as if wee man would pull it (the release that is) ...or not until he was halfway down the tees, then he'd come back surfin on his feet:D

car seatbelts work well, jus keep it lubed with silicone bro.

Yea thats all I do with mine too, well I also pressure wash / blast the crap out of it now & again, the bigest problem I have is when turtled & I have fastened below my harness & across my legs I sometimes slide slightly out of the buggy making it difficult to reach the seat belt, if I fasten the belt above my shackles the fastening part of the belt sometimes jams into my stomache, but fastening above the shackle stops my harness riding up my body when nicely powered up hence I am interested in something different.

Carl.

listen guys in regard to the steel wire seat belts they are ver good but i could not recomend some one using them unless like me and airborn you pass the seatbelt throught your harnes. If you didnt and the buggy got stuck the load would be on you not your hanes and the wire would not break leave only you to break or cheese wire. obviously this is only my opinion and you will do as you likes

good point dan, and ive noticed that mine has ware at one of the side rail loops going to put a longer tube on it so it dosent show. but first tests are going verry well,its well balanced and takes the load, but i would rather use a wichard than the one i've got just trust them more think i may mod this one with a harder spring so you can not nock it to release IT done it once when i first used it to c how easy it would release but just pulled the spring longer works 4 now but me thinks i need to fork out £35 4 a whichard plus new belt:confused: but hey its better to trust ur kit 100% peace of mind is a good thing! feal safe be safe

thanks lee

• 1 month later...

Bit of a problem hear i hope someone can help my metal man is on his hols and i need to get my side rail mods shaped so that they can be welded on then welded before the 28th. whats the best way to do it we have been through 2 cuters and we have only shaped 2 stright ends never mind the compound angles any ideas?

Thanks Stupid Dave