I took a punt on a bag of kites out of Sydney sight unseen from a lady I had purchased some "Blade" power kites from from many years ago. 

She rang me out of the blue when she found this bag when shifting house. (See it always pays to send a postcard of Esperance and a few $5.00 "Scratchies", thanking the seller for her help, when buying from her. She had done the extra yards by getting the blades into a box/packaged and into the post for me. She still had this post card on her fridge with my mobile number on it). 

This new parcel arrived a few weeks back and the postage and bubble wrap ended up being half the purchase cost. I finally got round to undoing it and sorting them out today. (Well actually getting my welding bench clean enough to put ripstop on).

Out come some nice bits of history in among them was. 

3 x 6 foot stackers in fantastic nick.

IMG_2779.thumb.JPG.79e314effd9d33c6473d6447e05cb530.JPG

IMG_2781.thumb.JPG.a02c6e7f3c97b8cd923c165111671bd1.JPG

IMG_2784.thumb.JPG.f498a69796bb0407f4b3f72cd83c8b59.JPG

Lines, straps and Stacker lines. Their manuals were included. 

In the photo below I already had the 4 foot (blue sleeve) My 8 foot (pink and yellow sleeve) and 6 foot (pink sleeve) in this photo. There is also a 10 foot red "Stacker" of mine that is not pictured, but I havent got any spars for it.

Everything else pictured was inside the blue and silver bag from her. It's all price marked marked in English pounds.

IMG_2789.thumb.JPG.2264c9e21dab7a941633ffaebc9cdd0f.JPG

There was a mint Flexifoil "Stranger" complete with sleeve, lines and manual. IMG_2792.thumb.JPG.0d19dd423ff59451b4346361abd32761.JPG

IMG_2795.thumb.JPG.755b56fc3271e3c37ef6a9e472ac5dd3.JPG

IMG_2797.thumb.JPG.af3f8d506200ca69816b7ed28c300e25.JPG

Inside an internal pocket in the bag was this little beauty that I know nothing about or seen before. Also in mint condition.IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.f98a8d25574ef7915017c0689857f603.JPG

IMG_2776.thumb.JPG.2fa8f7188cde662ecca4d2a7a68aa96b.JPG 

All round a nice purchase from a lovely elderly lady (who wanted them to go to a good home) and I've never met. Cant wait to try them out.

Some days are diamonds eh?

• .Joel featured this topic
  • .Joel unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jayfrs1600949571
      The review on my Flexifoil Blade V 4.9, Ok I am a bit of a newbie, My only other kite I have had previous to the Blade V was a Flexifoil Viper and that was around 7years ago.

Ok so the kite has arrived and my first impression was great, Really good quality rucksack to keep the kite in, I got home and opened up the bag. Got all the contents out, I ordered the kite, extreme lines, pro link handles and kite killers, one of the things I noticed was the highest build quality, ( wouldn't expect anything less from Flexifoil) everything was all there, I opened the kite out in the lounge the 4.9 comes in Blue , ( this kite only comes in three colours 4.0m Green, 4.9m Blue and 6.5m Red) I was total impressed with the way it looked and the colour scheme sets it off so well. The handles also look a great quality and every thing is colour coded for left and right,

As I have been out of the kiting scene for so long I opened up the instructions, wasn't sure what to expect as some instructions are not the best, I was surprised Flexifoil have made it so clear on everything it covers every aspect you need to get your kite airborne, as this kite has the AAA ( Adjustable Bridle ) I am not familiar with it, there was a section that covered that and gave how the kite performs on each of the three setting, I was going to set my on normal as that what is recommend and my inexperience thought it was the best option.

I had to wait a few days for the right wind (wanted to go easy due to this being a very powerful kite) the wind speed was 10-12mph, I got the kite set up. The AAA was ever so easy to put in the normal position, I unpacked the Flexifoil Extreme lines and my first impression on them was they seem to be very stiff but again there are top quality, I did notice tho they seem to kink due to them being so stiff but maybe after a few flights and under some serious tension they may supple up. ( attaching the lines and setting the kite up took around 10-15min and was very easy again the instruction book was a great help and the colour coding)

Ok well made the pre flight check before launch, everything was ok, I pulled back an instantly every cell filled up with air, Blade V looks fantastic, I popped it of the deck and straight away I could feel the pull ( I was like WOW) I took it very easy to start with just to get the feel of her and get used to how a 4line kite handles again, then I moved it right in to the power window and that was it, Full of power, grunt and lift.

How did it fly, well this is only in comparison with my old Viper, But I found the way it flew was superb, it flew at nice steady speed the turns are fast and has power threw them, has lots of grunt and stacks of power, also felt like it had lots of lift as it was trying to take me for some air , I found my self skidding all round the field and it was great. ( not for the faint hearted)

My conclusion on the Blade V is.. It's a superb kite and is fantastic value for the money, I am total hooked on it, and it looks smart, fly's great and will put a smile on your face. I will recommend this to anyone, ( not for a beginner tho unless you are fearless and very patience with the weather as the Blade will hurt you, it needs to be treated with lots of respect) If you get a chance to fly one you will want one.

By : jayfrs
    • By squiball
      What do you get for your money?
      Well, you get a well packaged, well made, simple to set up, easy to fly learner kite (L plates are not included). Not only that, but it’s readily stackable. This is a two line kite that is really ideal as an introduction to the sport.

How does it fly?
      To get a decent flight out of the 1.45 you really need wind of at least 10 to 15 mph (minimum). Really the stronger the better. Once launched the kite responds well, being a small kite it is very quick to turn. This tends to result in a hyperactive, exciting and bloody enjoyable flight, with combinations of quick swoops and dives being easy to pull off. Stacking is the easiest thing in the world and provides a little additional pull and makes you’re manoeuvres look and feel even more spectacular. Stacking adds an extra element to the this kite and for very little outlay. The only problem I had with stacking was my inability to solo launch – which is most likely my own fault. The downside of performance occurs in gusty conditions. The light makeup of the kite frequently results in it collapsing in on itself. This tends to happen regardless of the strength of the wind. This is quite frustrating, especially when trying to launch solo and the kite is continually collapsing on itself. A minor remedy for this issue is to remove the black lines that run through the kite for stacking, although I am unsure if this really helped or if it was more of a placebo.

Conclusion ?
      This is a great value for money entry kite, which is fun to fly and easy enough to learn with. I initially got this kite so that my wife could learn to fly without being scared out of her wits or be forced to eat sand. She has enjoyed using it and is becoming less fearful of some of our bigger beasts. The thing I really love about this kite is that due to it’s small size and packaging it is extremely portable and is so quick to set up that you can take it and use it almost anywhere. Would I recommend it – yes, for that price it’s hard to fault

Author : squiball
    • By architek1600949554
      This is the board I learnt to kiteboard on, despite being advertised as an intermediate board. This is because it has a shorter-than-usual length, and thereby becomes a more manouvreable board. However speed wobble has many-a-time been a problem for me resulting in a painful twisted knee on a few occasions.

It was on ebay at £99 although the seller didn't post the board to me until 6 weeks after I won the auction. It involved a non-computer literate person asking an ebay account holder to sell it for him, and then promising to post it. It took him a while, and involved him lieing to me so all in all, not good. But I was glad to get it when it came. Anyway, the bearings were shot and everything was full of sand. But I still took it out and the bearings seemed to sort themselves out enough to not notice anything (as a beginner anyway; they stopped squeaking).

Here's some figures:
      Wheelbase - 820mm
      Axle Width - 390mm
      Deck Composition - 10 Wood/ 2 Fibreglass
      Tyre Size - 200mm x 50mm
      Total Weight - 6.7kg
      figures from powerkiteshop.com

WHEELS
      The wheels tend to look a little untidy when they have mud/sand in them, and they're not easy to clean after a session in the sand. The inflation valves come out of the hubs and bend round to the outside face of the hub for access. Although, if the tyre is flat, the valve depressed itself inside the hub when you push on it making it difficult to use one of the 'grip' type pump heads. The threaded-type heads would work just fine though as they don't need to be pushed on.

TRUCKS
      These are plain skate trucks with a tatty galvanised finish. They're not as rugged as other styles of trucks but mine are fine for now. I'm just learning to jump. The polymers are now in need of replacement and I'm unsure of where to get them from as the flexifoil website doesn't seem to sell them. It is worth noting that these trucks make the deck sit with a high clearance from the ground. This means that the centre of gravity is a bit higher than some other boards I've ridden. But there is plenty of edging ability in these trucks. The board will turn a corner like an F1 car at Monaco; leaving you behind if you're not concentrating. It all depends on how tight you adjust them though. Adjusting is done on the bottom of the truck, underneath the polymer.

BINDINGS
      These are faultless apart from the aesthetics side of things. It's a double velcro binding so it won't adjust itself mid-ride. They WILL hold your feet in, and are at a nice angle to twist your feet into a comfortable riding position thereby locking your feet in. The neoprene cover over the bolts, however, isn't quite so tough. The bolt has poked through the neoprene making a small hole for itself. None too problematic, however a pain if you're precious about your new baby looking pristine.

GRAB HANDLE
      Much the same as the bindings. It performs its function, just the neoprene covers over the bolts has suffered the same flaw as with the bindings. It's worth noting that it's a soft grab handle for those of you wanting to do board-offs. It'll provide a less solid sense of control over your board when it's in your hands.

DECK
      This is the best part of the board. It is positively solid. So solid in fact, that there's not much flex in it and it makes for a springy, but hard landing. But it's on the short side at only about 800mm so this must have an effect on its stiffness. The graphics are banal by now, having been around for so long and seen by so many, but the good thing is despite the abuse this board has seen, it still remains unscathed.

RIDE
      This is the conclusion I'd say! Don't expect high speed runs outa this board, because you'll come a cropper. You'll need to keep leaning back on this one because no matter how tightly you do up the polymers there will always be a bit of lateral movement in the board.

You have to remember that toeside turning is an issue with this board. It's not as easy as the normally biased boards and for a good reason. If you try and go upwind with this board it is plain and simple. People were nattering on at me saying once I'd learnt to go upwind I could class myself as a competent rider. However, I COULD go upwind, but didn't class myself as a competent rider. So let that serve as an example of how easy it is on this board. Due to the heelside bias, the next easiest thing thing to learn was the powerslide, and also to use this technique to slow down. The short wheelbase makes this easier too.

For some reason I don't really get on with this board on grassy surfaces. Its high riding position means it's difficult to slide and carving has much less forgiveness. The feel is slightly too positive for me with my less refined movements. I'm used to the forgiveness of sand to accomodate my riding. Guess it's down to practice though. I will keep hacking away at it!

Any questions?!
      By : architek