analogue gps speedometer

A video from last Sunday testing a gps speedometer that finally arrived from China on the Friday before. I bought it on Amazon without checking the delivery times or where it was coming from. I just assumed it was being shipped locally, so I ended up waiting a whole month for it to arrive.

So I was impatient to try it out that same weekend and hurriedly mounted onto the bug using an old funnel which I had laying around, but it worked out better than expected, although it did cause a lot of vibration as you will see. I have since modded it to hopefully prevent this for next time.

In the video I compare it with the Gopro GPS gauge. The speedo is powered by a small 12v battery, also waterproof.

On playback I found that the speedometer lags a little as the needle falls but this might be due to its mechanical nature and dampening effect, but it is very accurate in comparison. It reaches and maintains the same numbers.

I hope to be out again this Sunday for a twilight session. It will be a chance to test the various coloured backlight options on the dial and see how it looks in low light.

The second half of the video is pure filler and unrelated to the speedo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DYNX5N2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KG58UWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Mfwetu, Thanks andy.

Yeah I got lucky with the wind that weekend. Perfect timing, for once. Just got back from another evening session. Soaked through, a long drive home with wet sandy socks and gritty underpants. The wind strength and direction wasn't quite as good this time but if the footage is worth something then I will post up. ?

Cheers.