Thinking of you all!

KaoS

I hope everyone is (and continues to be) fit and healthy, and coping.

I suspect a major effect of the current situation will be a significant impact on people's emotional well-being, especially as it drags on.  Remember, we can all use forums to keep in touch, air our thoughts/worries, and offer each other support.

Fingers crossed, we'll all be catching up in person sooner rather than later.  Kingston 2021 may end up being HUGE.

Stay safe, and keep in touch

Hi Kevin,

We are all locked up and finding new things to do.

The kids seem to be handling the virus shut down fine. Not sure how they will be in a few weeks time though?

I've got plenty of kites and ground bouncers to make, let alone me grabbing a few plastic model kits from my mega stash.

So I should be fine, it's how stir crazy the rest of the family will get!!

Warmest wishes to you and Linda.:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry @KaoS - I missed this post before posting my own "reach out" Hoping you and Mrs. Kaos are both well? 

It seems as though your lockdowns are a little different than Victoria's, seeing some kite flying in SA obeying social distancing. Victorian police are fining anyone who shouldn't be out. Essential Shopping, Education/Work, Exercise and Medical are the only activities we are allowed to attend. Exercise....I wonder if taking Tula the 38 Trilobite out for a walk is classified exercise? :)

We're blessed with a big garden to keep us busy, but also blessed with the tall trees, so no garden flying. 

Stay safe, be strong, and KEEP SMILING

:557ff7a6222c9_Blokart4:Mez

5 hours ago, Mez said:

It seems as though your lockdowns are a little different than Victoria's, seeing some kite flying in SA obeying social distancing.

Not sure why, but the SA government is still allowing quite a range of social activity (albeit with appropriate distancing).

Having worked in public hospital biochemistry laboratories for 20 years, I'm probably a bit more cautious than Joe and Jenny Average.  But I am not convinced our government is being as responsible as it should be.

...AND there are plenty of morons out there who aren't even following the guidelines that are in place anyway ?

Stay safe, everyone!

23 hours ago, KaoS said:

...AND there are plenty of morons out there who aren't even following the guidelines that are in place anyway ?

Stay safe, everyone!

Yeh sad to see. We have an emergency campground here the shire is servicing for those stranded with the lockdown of our shire. Police road blocks on all roads. Went past the campground yesterday when returning from our farm and the group were on the oval playing rugby together.

All good here with no cases so far in around Esperance.

20200330-DSC_4125.thumb.jpg.0b3ccfa8cdd586b34f7ae914bf789f33.jpg

I'm social distancing at our local Pink Lake.20200330-DSC_4187.thumb.jpg.21e08b3cf2c2b358a6cd64cbe0ec642b.jpg

Getting out a bit too in great winds most afternoons for a quick run.

321047689_April15.thumb.jpg.772083b359f25cba103c7edcf8f232ed.jpg

Stay safe my friends and catch you after this mess is all done and dusted. Gunna be quite some time I'd say.

Take care.

Thanks Andy. I still have a bit to do to the sail as you can see there are a few wrinkles where I've flattened out the top 4 panels (tapered them in at the leech "trailing edge" along the batten pockets and restitched) so the top of the sail doesn't twist off as much but still has a slight belly at the 1/4 cord point when fully sheeted in at high speed. Got to take the luff pocket in a bit over winter and smooth out these wrinkles. It's a 7m2 sail and goes well. At 80kmh I can now throw out the sheet rope and it just sits there feathered with the wind. No shaking at all.

Slowly getting there. Yesterday was a bit lighter wind and my adjustments on my 8.2m sail worked pretty well (65.7kmh) but needs more trailing edge tension. Unpicking the 5th batten today and I'll take it in another 12 mm at the back. (3rd time on this batten pocket but it's looking much better)

All a good learning curve to get more stability at speed. I really enjoy tuning them to match the stiffer mast.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be working for an essential service when the COVID19 lockdown commenced here in New Zealand, so are still working and earning money. Have not been kiting or flying my RC gliders for a few months now, have been putting my efforts elsewhere,  now concentrating on my music productions. Funny 7 years ago when I started making videos of kitesurfing etc., looking for music to go with it, vids got silenced for using copyrighted material (oops, then switched to a paid service) and thought, why don’t I write my own music — not so easy. But I have been steadily working on music compositions, so now instead of thinking about writing music for videos I have made, I film videos to promote my music. Fortunately I do not need a recording studio, just use my home gear. I use a combination of virtual instruments driven by a midi keyboard, electric instruments like my violin, mic up my acoustic harmonica and the odd sampled sounds I find around the house using a contact piezo or mic. This all gets assembled on a digital audio workstation (DAW) software on my computer. My son Zac is continuing his university degree locally but all online from home.

Here is a link to my latest work: