Speed Week - Sandy Point - September/October 2019

Mez

7 hours ago, igeighty said:

Tipping down with rain, wind blowing 35-40knts straight down the beach. Heading home to watch a movie. It’s now hailing :)

the beach has eroded considerably. With water lapping right up to the dunes. 

looks like same shit for tomorrow so ive pulled the pin as well. im heading back with Doug for a movie night...

8 hours ago, mik333 said:

Monday has been perfect for a long buggy and board session. Rob, Mark and I tore up the beach from Waratah bay to the inlet. Warm sunshine, smooth light onshore wind and an empty beach. We all left for home at 7 pm with big grins. Very satisfying.

We're so frustrated that the weather changed sooo much over 12 hours! But work is where the money is made. Glad you all had a great run!

10 hours ago, mik333 said:

Monday has been perfect for a long buggy and board session. Rob, Mark and I tore up the beach from Waratah bay to the inlet. Warm sunshine, smooth light onshore wind and an empty beach. We all left for home at 7 pm with big grins. Very satisfying.

So pleased you all had one decent day. Sounds like a great run.  I’m still in the Flinders National Park where we too have experienced differing weather conditions from 19 degrees and strong winds one day to 40 degree swealtering heat the next. Hope to catch up with you all soon. 

Glad you lot had a fine run!!

Work always gets in the way @Mez 

Don't know how many are interested in another run, but mark it in your calendar,  Saturday the 21st, and Sunday the 22nd of December.

Low tide at 1:40pm and 2:36pm.

Being so close to Christmas some people might have finished for the year, and it still gives you a few days to finish the shopping if you leave it to the last minute.

Fingers crossed for a good SW'er.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, nigel said:

Glad you lot had a fine run!!

Work always gets in the way @Mez 

Don't know how many are interested in another run, but mark it in your calendar,  Saturday the 21st, and Sunday the 22nd of December.

Low tide at 1:40pm and 2:36pm.

Being so close to Christmas some people might have finished for the year, and it still gives you a few days to finish the shopping if you leave it to the last minute.

Fingers crossed for a good SW'er.

I finish on the 20th as does @igeighty so we're certainly up for a pre-christmas run!

• 4 weeks later...