Speed Week - Sandy Point - September/October 2019

Mez

@Tiger37 has got the ball rolling with the thoughts of speed week and this week end, we came out of hibernation and over dinner, myself, @igeighty, @the_hatmanand @Bill had a chat.

Tides and weather permitting we all thought that the weekend before or after the footy may be the go, when its not too busy, but looking at the tides, Friday 25th October has a good low tide mid afternoon.

So the seed has been planted, have a look at your tide charts and your work calendar and pop a few suggestions down.

@roblukin, @bakersdozen, @.Joel, @mik333, @DrWind, @OBEwan, @Clive, @nigel, @BobM, @Darren Tibbey, @The Duke, @cris italy

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone still wanting to make this a weekend? 

So far, the weather is predicted to be dry that weekend with some light rain due on Sunday. If we don't camp, we will certainly try and make a day trip on the Saturday.

7 hours ago, Mez said:

Anyone still wanting to make this a weekend? 

So far, the weather is predicted to be dry that weekend with some light rain due on Sunday. If we don't camp, we will certainly try and make a day trip on the Saturday.

I am Mez, its not worth me coming over if its only a day trip 

13 hours ago, mik333 said:

Marie and I will spend a week in Foster across the weekend, so will bring an umbrella. Hope numbers don't dwindle. 

13 hours ago, bakersdozen said:

I'm keen AF, have taken the Friday and Monday off work so will make a call that week as to when best to head down ?

great, so i wont be stuck there on my own, ill see you all there

On 10/8/2019 at 6:53 AM, Tiger37 said:

Was hoping it might have been later (perhaps early Nov)  as I’m still in the Flinders National Park bushwalking over that period. Hope it all goes well for you with good winds. 

Its the start of the season @Tiger37, so if you want to make a date in November, we will certainly make it down (its only a couple of hours for us, not a full days drive, and some!) Would be great to get out every weekend from now until Feb!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mik333 said:

Set up at Foster. Down to Sandy tomorrow for some sightseeing. Poor forecast with westerly winds (gales). Doesn't look good till after the weekend. I'll have to wait it out. 

@roblukin arrived safety yesterday afternoon. Not sure if he's heading down today (Friday) but we will all be at Sandy for sure on Saturday/Sunday (even if its just for a catch up and a land sail) See you over the weekend @mik333

28 minutes ago, igeighty said:

Tipping down with rain, wind blowing 35-40knts straight down the beach. Heading home to watch a movie. It’s now hailing :)

the beach has eroded considerably. With water lapping right up to the dunes. 

Yowzers.  I'm gonna head in completely the opposite direction - up to Hattah for a couple of days.  I'll take that scumbag @Bill with me.

7 minutes ago, mik333 said:

Dreadful wind gusts, hard westerlies, hail and I'm busy trying to stop the caravan annex from self launching. Will come over to Sandy tomorrow morn. 

Sounds like it would blow the cardigan right off your back..

3 minutes ago, jhn.holgate said:

Yowzers.  I'm gonna head in completely the opposite direction - up to Hattah for a couple of days.  I'll take that scumbag @Bill with me.

Sounds like it would blow the cardigan right off your back..

Good luck with the weather. Hope you don't get on each other's nerves.........