Sysmic S3

Chook

• .Joel featured this topic
  • 6 months later...

I was just in contact with Chris from Buggy Kite Shop. I'm interested in the Sysmic 53 MIDI XL. He said they're on hold for now because the company

they use for the heat treated aluminum has other orders to fill that require larger amounts than what Kite Shop uses. He'll let me know by end of

January 2020. The buggy is still the best if you're looking for  ease of transport! The whole thing fits in a bag you can carry!

• .Joel unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, BobbyO said:

I was just in contact with Chris from Buggy Kite Shop. I'm interested in the Sysmic 53 MIDI XL. He said they're on hold for now because the company

they use for the heat treated aluminum has other orders to fill that require larger amounts than what Kite Shop uses. He'll let me know by end of

January 2020. The buggy is still the best if you're looking for  ease of transport! The whole thing fits in a bag you can carry!

Well here it is Sept. 2020 and Chris tells me I'm on target to get my Sysmic 3 at the end of Oct-Nov. I can't wait!! Once it's together , the thing I like about it is that you can loosen the swan neck connection , slide it out with the front wheel. Disconnect the 2 bolts that hold the 2 piece axle into the rear plate , then the seat section stays in one piece , the 2 rear wheels are separate with their half of the axle , and you can shove the whole thing into the back of an SUV!! You get to the beach , shove the swan neck together , put the axles in their place , tighten everything up , away you go!!

6 minutes ago, andy666 said:

@BobbyO we would all love to see some pictures and get a review of the buggy once it arrives. Congrats mate. 

I will do that!! If you go on Buggy Kite Shop's site , you can see that they also sell a carrying bag that you can put the whole buggy in if you decide to take it apart!! This is how they're able to sell it to people all over the world. I'm having some special things done to it which will make it even nicer.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, BobbyO said:

Well here it is Sept. 2020 and Chris tells me I'm on target to get my Sysmic 3 at the end of Oct-Nov.

I am the same situation, tried to get ahold of an S3 1 year ago. Got put on hold 'cause of supply difficulties  and e-mailed Chris maybe 2 times more only to get an order in for now oct/nov shipping.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, BobbyO said:

I can't wait!!

You and me both. I've kinda waited 1 year already. But, now - I can't wait !!

On 9/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, BobbyO said:

they also sell a carrying bag

Bag's are not in stock, but I'd love to get one. Or 2 in different sizes. Chris says they might be back though 🙂

On 9/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, BobbyO said:

I'm having some special things done to it which will make it even nicer.

Please keep the rest of us informed if you figure modifications other ppl can benefit from also. I've ordered mine w/2 sets of wheels: 3x lightweight 'Zero gravity' rims on barrows (good for travel, and lw setup for performance) + 3x midiXL's on 8" wide rims for the rear and 4" for the front (good for comfort, traction and high speed, also ground clearance and terrain/soft ground). Absolutely can't wait 😉. Too bad this years buggy season is all but over, and travel is suspended for the foreseeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an update on the S3 from Chris this weekend, there's gonna be 1 month(ish) delay because of a new model seat (some changes for the better, he assures), and the makers of these things are quite busy, as it goes. So, my sliver of hope for a last buggy ride before the winter hits Oslo seems very thin now - these last weeks has been very mild so I had my hopes up... Ah, well - that'll just make it more of a christmas present, then.:good:

• 4 weeks later...

'nother update -> There will be a buggy under the tree this year! That's for beeing a good kid I guess, now with the Covid and all 😉.

Sent an email today, and Chris replied that status is packing and hopefully sending next week. No rush for me, as the buggy season starts in March or so. Unless winter never comes ...? Maybe I''l be buggying in +2 to zero degrees celsius in January ... if it's dry weather... only a sad few hours of daylight, too ..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, Randy said:

When you have a bit of time I would love to see some pictures of how it folds up into the bag, how big it is and that sort of thing.   Be nice to know how long it takes to set up also.  It really looks great! 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, Randy said:

When you have a bit of time I would love to see some pictures of how it folds up into the bag, how big it is and that sort of thing.   Be nice to know how long it takes to set up also.  It really looks great! 

It doesn't fold up into the bag. It folds up so you can stick it into the back of an suv. You have to take it completely apart ,then it fits in a bag!

On 1/9/2021 at 6:53 AM, Haakon K said:

yeah-well, not under the tree after all. But half a buggy arrived express just the other day, from China even(!). Also e-mailed with Chris, wheels, pegs and backaxle is on the way soon. It all fit together nicely, just slightly excessive long straps... 😄

Sysmic S3 base.jpg

Enjoyed dinner in the buggy yet?

hehe, thanks Joel - but no, not yet. Finally got the axles and wheels ... today! Still missing 1 set of wheels, the "Zero Gravity" barrows - but thats the local transporter messing about, they are close and I'll get them tomorrow probably. The Midi XL's on the alu rims (4"w front and 8"w rear) looks great, the fibreglass rear axle looks solid, and the pegs are solid.

Was in a hurry, had to just chuck them quickly into the warehouse at work - didn't have time for assembly or photos. But there will be a report with pics and comments coming soon. The biggest issue is the fact that I cannot ride the wonderbuggy for a while - freezing cold in Norway for atleast month, more like 2. It might even be well into April before the snow goes. Maybe I will get my colleagues to push me around @ work, while I enjoy a meal and some beers 😁

Edited by Haakon K