NSW and Canberra Buggy Meet

Tiger37

58 minutes ago, Tiger37 said:

Thanks @BobM and @Mfwetu. Sounds like a day out on Sat which suits me fine. Happy to head for either Seven Mile or Hammerhead, although Hammerhead is probably closer to Canberra. When you say Hammerhead @Mfwetu, do you get onto the beach at Currarong or is their a drivable path at Hammerhead Point? I plan to leave first thing on Sat so could meet up at 11.30 ish. My mobile is 0408 612 336. 

Hammerhead is a little bit north of Currarong. I am thinking of going to Currarong just for the beach access (man-handling the dragster down to the beach is a pain at Hammerhead) and buggying North to Hammerhead to meet up.

If you type "hammerhead point viewing platform" into google maps, it shows the turnoff and car park needed to access the beach.

2 hours ago, BobM said:

Hammerhead is a little bit north of Currarong. I am thinking of going to Currarong just for the beach access (man-handling the dragster down to the beach is a pain at Hammerhead) and buggying North to Hammerhead to meet up.

If you type "hammerhead point viewing platform" into google maps, it shows the turnoff and car park needed to access the beach.

@BobM Thanks Bob. Yes I have accessed that beach from Currarong once before and as you say, its relatively easy to manhandle the buggy to the beach, so I will do the same.  See you down there! 

29 minutes ago, BobM said:

What a great session - Thanks for organizing @Tiger37

Saw a couple of bluebottles on the beach, the resident sea-eagle, couple of pelicans and lots of seagulls(rats of the sky)

Only a few hardy beach goers, a few joggers and an amorous couple enjoying (what they thought was ) the seclusion.

Thanks for coming down to Currarong @BobM. Wind between 13 and 18 knots in my estimation. Used my 7.5m Born Kites LongStar2 throughout. We covered 50km with my top speed 49.7kph. The sea eagle was quite spectacular. A pity we did not manage to get more people down there. I noted the caravan park in Currarong so we could have a weekend there in the future if people wanted to. The beach is great with hard sand at low tide and wave like undulations which make it interesting and fun. A good day out. 

Sorry guys, had to much work (real estate agents) just has to be done.

Good wind from what your saying. Question, how hard is it to get big buggys onto the beach from Currarong end, its very difficult from hammershead. Will have to try another day if possible, Sundays suit me best ... about the only day I don't work.

JD

33 minutes ago, jdhot said:

Good wind from what your saying. Question, how hard is it to get big buggys onto the beach from Currarong end, its very difficult from hammershead. Will have to try another day if possible, Sundays suit me best ... about the only day I don't work.

JD

I got my dragster to and from the beach alone. It was a struggle getting up the path on the way back.  Your buggy has wider rear "axle" and might struggle with the width of the track to the beach.  A hell of a lot easier than hammerhead.

Sunday is roller derby training for me (two hours mens' team and two hours mixed team) and I need to be in Canberra for that, so Saturday is a better day for me.

2 hours ago, jdhot said:

JD

Sorry you could not make it John. Getting on to the beach is easy but same as Bob, it was hard work pulling my Seismic back up a soft sand slope but doable. And if there are a few of us we could all help each other. Sunday’s could be ok for me. Let’s try another date before the winter winds arrive. 

Hi Guys,
If you wish to try another weekend before winter and if it's doable with everyone
April  6/7  Sat/Sun

Saturday 6 April 3:42 AM AEDT 0.22 meters (0.72 ft) Low Tide
7:11 AM AEDT     Sunrise
7:37 AM AEDT     Moonrise
9:47 AM AEDT 1.34 meters (4.40 ft) High Tide
3:53 PM AEDT 0.21 meters (0.69 ft) Low Tide
6:45 PM AEDT     Sunset
7:32 PM AEDT     Moonset
10:06 PM AEDT 1.41 meters (4.63 ft) High Tide
Sunday 7 April 3:21 AM AEST 0.21 meters (0.69 ft) Low Tide
6:12 AM AEST     Sunrise
7:35 AM AEST     Moonrise
9:24 AM AEST 1.29 meters (4.23 ft) High Tide
3:24 PM AEST 0.24 meters (0.79 ft) Low Tide
5:44 PM AEST     Sunset
7:04 PM AEST     Moonset
9:41 PM AEST 1.43 meters (4.69 ft) High Tide

This would also depend on wind and weather

JD

Not impossible that things change before then but the wind forecast isn't looking good for a beach session next weekend.

image.thumb.png.57a69541185ad4395f27fdbba1b56b4d.png

Sorry guys, probably my fault  for bringing on the winter winds early. :blush2:  New kite curse - picked up a couple of old inflatables that I want to experiment with and am expecting a new 8m Blaze III which I was hoping to test on the weekend.

If this weekend doesn't work out, we're camping at Culburra over Easter and it would be great to see another landkiter in action so shout out if you'll be in the area

I'm definitely out for 6/7 April - My boss has scheduled some work which needs to done outside regular hours (This is the first time he has done this, but it is quite understandable due to the nature of the work being very disruptive to other users of the system that is due to go live sooner rather than later)