.Joel

Sometimes things just don't go to plan...

Jim Theodorakopoulos
26/09/1963 - 10/11/2018

dad_wedding.jpg

dad_olivia.jpg dad_olivia2.jpg

dad_kiting.jpg

dad_assembly.jpgdad_gyros2.jpg

dad_victory.jpg

dad_goodbye.jpg

My Dad's battle with cancer is now over, but the memories he left behind are not. For nearly 15 years he'd come to our Sandy Point meets and lend a hand, a lot of people here will remember him from the XK Meets where he'd come setup the Gyros and cook. Dad's first passion was Fishing, he'd always pack his rods then comment that I would "find the windiest blown out places on the face of the earth."  So eventually he put the rods away, bought a Kite Buggy and packed that instead.  Once his kite control and confidence grew, so did the blind optimism that despite whatever the forecast said it was going to be a good day's kiting and we should go!  I'll miss him, our family will miss him, and his grand daughter who grew exceptionally close to him the last six months will really miss him.  

The Clifford's send our condolences to you mate.

As Jim was a regular at most XK events, I have seen him for more than a few years, and always, full of fun and joy with the world.

A sad loss to you, and all your family, may he forever be in your hearts and minds.

RIP Jim. 

I hope it is not out of place to say that we attended Jim's farewell on Wednesday. Very beautiful, very emotional. The church was full, with lots of love and appreciation for such a special man. 

Let's organise a fly day to celebrate our wonderful memories of Jim. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, and appreciate those who came to the funeral.  The morning before the funeral I dressed Dad with the family and he went wearing his Extreme Kites Buggy T-Shirt underneath his suit :good:   It has gone from being very real and being incredibly hard, to just a surreal feeling of emptiness. 

My kiting gear is still stored at his place, so it's a bit raw at the moment to go load up the buggy on the car without him to go for a kite.  The aim is to enjoy Christmas then get back in the buggy in the new year, and have a big gyros.

4 hours ago, .Joel said:

My kiting gear is still stored at his place, so it's a bit raw at the moment to go load up the buggy on the car without him to go for a kite.  The aim is to enjoy Christmas then get back in the buggy in the new year, and have a big gyros.

@.Joel, we're only just "down the road" should you need us. Certainly looking forwards to a buggy and a gyros. All our love

• 11 months later...