Looking for ideas on a solid bar instead of walk of shame rope

Awfully Wee Magnus

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, Barry Pardoe said:

I've just been going through the same myself.  https://www.extremekites.org/topic/171091-wanted-walk-of-shame-solid-tow-bar/

Have ended up coming up with a home made solution.  Should get to test it out next weekend, and will let you know how it goes.

Hi Barry Pardoe am in the process of making one out of 15mm aluminum pipe. Use a pipe bender make in the shape I want. Not finished it yet have to get a bolt lathe down to 13mm so it will fit inside the pipe. It breaks down into three parts. Here's two photos of it.  More photos when it's finished. 

DSC_0679.JPG

DSC_0680.JPG

Hi.  Got mine tested a few weeks ago, and then made a few permanent modifications.

The first image shows the whole thing 'packed up' (small enough to fit in the bag on my buggy).  Then it is shown released but not assembled.  Then there are images of the various parts of it ready to use.

I changed the rods from being four rods long to being three.  That still seems to be long enough, and reduces any bending when going downhill.

At the 'handle' end you have the choice of the handle to grab, or a couple of shoulder slings.  And pulling it along by the shoulder slings is so easy that I'm unlikely to use the handle much.

To fit it all I have to do is (push the rods forward in the sleeve and) tie the straps to the buggy foot pegs.  This should make it flexible enough to be able to fit it to any buggy.

IMG_20220918_102252.jpg

IMG_20220918_102109.jpg

IMG_20220918_101946.jpg

IMG_20220918_101918.jpg

IMG_20220918_101908.jpg

IMG_20220918_101850.jpg

On 9/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, Barry Pardoe said:

I've just been going through the same myself.  https://www.extremekites.org/topic/171091-wanted-walk-of-shame-solid-tow-bar/

Have ended up coming up with a home made solution.  Should get to test it out next weekend, and will let you know how it goes.

43 minutes ago, Barry Pardoe said:

Hi.  Got mine tested a few weeks ago, and then made a few permanent modifications.

The first image shows the whole thing 'packed up' (small enough to fit in the bag on my buggy).  Then it is shown released but not assembled.  Then there are images of the various parts of it ready to use.

I changed the rods from being four rods long to being three.  That still seems to be long enough, and reduces any bending when going downhill.

At the 'handle' end you have the choice of the handle to grab, or a couple of shoulder slings.  And pulling it along by the shoulder slings is so easy that I'm unlikely to use the handle much.

To fit it all I have to do is (push the rods forward in the sleeve and) tie the straps to the buggy foot pegs.  This should make it flexible enough to be able to fit it to any buggy.

IMG_20220918_102252.jpg

IMG_20220918_102109.jpg

IMG_20220918_101946.jpg

IMG_20220918_101918.jpg

IMG_20220918_101908.jpg

IMG_20220918_101850.jpg

Looks very cool and neat set up