Yeppoon 2019

BobM

Good 21-22 knot SE winds all day today.

The beach just keeps getting better.

Rob was flying and covered a smidgen under 100kms.

I kicked off just on 8.00am after breakfast and had my best ever distance without getting out of the buggy. (Went and had a shower and tea and had forgot to turn the Garmin off) Had to empty my apple juice (personal comfort) bottle overboard once though. ;)

2019_04_11_21_58_44_Current_Track_11_APR_2019_07_59.jpg.e897165a6adc58237b038d9e80e63e59.jpg

Bit miffed I pulled up 3 kms short. It was too dark to see my GPS. My Suunto watch went flat at the 439km mark.

Looking forward to Andy's arrival tomorrow. :drinks:

Whoa Chook - those beans worked! More km in one day than I've done since I started!

Knew a hang glider pilot that used to attach a catheter tube to a condom for those long flights. If anyone following Chook feels a soothing golden mist, you'll know why... And if you start seeing little speed bumps you'll know his assless chaps and the hole in the seat is working.

Been too busy kiting for updates gang. :dance3:

It was a sad day at Driftwood today as Andy and Bob headed back home. Safe travels guys it was awesome to get together. Rob's already bouncing the ball around in the kitchen since you left Andy. Fussy prick. ;)

It was a light wind day and we were like fish out of water after the winds we have been getting since arriving.

Had the 18m2 ELF out in 5-10 knots and gave up when the rain set in and the wind died off. I managed to get to 70.0kmh on the big girl with 6 runs over 68kmh and travelled only 84 kilometres before heading back to do my washing. Rob drove in and it was pitch black once again. (well after sunset)

Hope this rain clears overnight for a good weekend to wind the stay in Yeppoon up. Rob and I will pack up Monday and I fly home Tuesday. 

Well it was sad to see Andy and Bob go but the winds have held up.

It was a great time again today and managed a PB distance in the 29 consecutive days we buggied.

I got to meet some great people along the beach and some fantastic nights at the sailing club with good mates.

I pack up tomorrow and out to tea and 3 flights home on Tuesday after Rob drives me to Rockhampton for my first flight..

@roblukin never stopped buggying and put the pressure on me when I said I wanted to cross Australia from Byron Bay to Steep Point in WA. 4102kms. I managed that last Tuesday and Lukin said I couldn't go through the desert and had to travel by road. 5113kms.

So I've had a really FAT TIME!!!!!! I didn't quite cover the distance from Yeppoon to the starting point at Bryon Bay. Missed it by that much!!!!

256428360_IMG_1320-Copy.thumb.JPG.ca7a7648fcfa093756d3dcffbf6ad223.JPG

All new bearings before I started this year and I had a wheel bearing fail on the front at 3,115kms. 3 of the balls fell out and it sounded terrible. I borrowed a midi off Rob till @Bernie got me 2 new bearings. (Cheers mate).  Now my rear wheel bearings are totally stuffed with 10mm of side movement at the tyre wall on the right hand rear, and 5mm on the left. Now have 3 bald tyres too. This pic is when the front bearing failed.

IMG_1314.thumb.JPG.0c17648721c8b911503ed4b397c13194.JPG

Stuffed front wheel bearing.

IMG_1291.thumb.JPG.728957c6754409d2576c6d8ab82ca37e.JPG

I'll post more pics when I get home.

Thanks   

My best Yeppoon trip ever. I buggied 27 out of the 29 days. Covered a total of 1600 kms. Max speed 79.3 kmh. Lots of days in the mid 70s but I couldn't crack 80. Thanks guys for all the great company and help. The only thing that would be better is if we had more people there! Till next year...