Yeppoon 2019

BobM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Come on @Goz!!!!!

This will be my 8th year back in Yeppoon over Easter and I cant rely on you to get it done mate!!!

All the previous years there has been a tropical cyclone in the week before I arrived to level the beach. Without exception.

With T.C. Trevor it  looks as if you ordered him a bit too far north ya mug. :(……………….:yes4:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I arrived in pissing rain once more and once that's buggered off it's been bloody brilliant.:good:

@Bernie was kind enough to store my buggy, so got it assembled with the longer axle (I built and left with @Mez in Kingston which she kindly got couriered up to @Goz workplace for me. Cheers for that guys.)

Wind has been super good once it turned onshore after all the rain finished.

The beach is awesome at the high tide mark and also when it gets to around 2 hours each side of low tide. Just a bit of a rougher area in the middle which bumps you about changing lines around dog walkers or horse riders.

Great fun chasing cars and best of all @roblukin all over the place.

The creek is a total non event this year as it's silted up with sand and it's still only 50mm deep even when the tide is up at 3mts so it's buggy till you drop conditions.

Caught up with @basilandsibil over the weekend which was also brilliant.  

I've been knocking out cruisy 200 + km days and then playing bait for Rob's drone, fooling about while he is trying different drone settings. Even Rob's covering lots of kilometres in the fantastic winds on his buggy.

Been doing lots of point runs and there is no shell grit and the beach is rock hard all the way up to the point. There is an even bigger sand bar at the point out a long way into the ocean at low tide. Dunno but it must be 700mtr or so. Even the hoons are not cutting up the beach when they are doing circle work as it's way too hard to do any damage.

It's ok @gannet I'm going round all the soldier crabs. Got one up the leg of my boardies yesterday and the buggers like chicken. Chewed shit out of me with his claws before I stopped and got the little prick out. There are billions of them and even after all this time it still amazes me how they can screw into the beach quickly enough to avoid the buggy as it's approaching.  We are really missing you Pete and Miss T.

Big week coming up with favourable winds every day. So better get to bed and make the most of the time I have here.

2019_04_01_21_58_34_Yeppoon_Wind_Forecast_QLD_4703_WillyWeather_Internet_Explorer.thumb.jpg.efca1f2309a8d154afe73dd415d62bbf.jpg

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Chook said:

I'm going round all the soldier crabs. Got one up the leg of my boardies yesterday and the buggers like chicken. Chewed shit out of me with his claws before I stopped and got the little prick out.

So now I've dribbled coffee down my chin and somewhat all over the general vircinity of my keyboard, pray do continue @Chook

And you're very much welcome about the axle - Thank you to Anne back.

Lucky the little fella shot up the outside leg of my shorts. It’s really red and itchy this morning. Could do with a bit of swelling on the inside leg. ? Poor little shit would have starved if he went up there for a feed though.

Wind is cranking now just really impatient waiting for the 4.2mtr tide to recead enough. 

Blowing again yesterday and my buggy back up to 93.9kmh and cruising the edge of the waves all arvo chasing Lukin. Great fun splashing about.

Beach is sensational still. Even the water temp when I get it wrong with the wave timing is like you piddled in it. (Very unlike Esperance's 18 degrees water temp this time of year). We both returned drenched and worn out.

As I cruised home yesterday I had a lady with 2 dogs waving madly at me to stop in front of Driftwood and when she come running up to me, I thought the worst. It was @Ant Mum. She gave me a big hello hug and spoke about how Ant is in Italy kiteboading. They are going over at the end of the month to watch him compete..:kiss:   What an awesome surprise as she is a great lady. A bloke from next door ran down and asked to sit in my buggy while we chatted. When she said goodbye in Japanese the Auzzie bloke in my buggy replied too and then had a 5 minute chat to her in her native language. His wife was Japanese. So Ant's Mum went and caught up with her for a yarn. Good things happen with kites eh?  ;) 

Nice to catch up with Clive (just here for a spot "room inspection" :upyours:) and Bernie (cheers for the pizzas Bernie) last night and fix the problems of the world over a nectar or 3. Well the automotive problems anyway. :drinks:  Clive was driving back to Emerald early again today.

The tide is now the only thing that's holding us back. The cycle of a 4.17mtr high tide at 9.38am, so soon as it gets down to 3 metres we are back into it once more. Forecast wind is back to 17 knots today and the perfect direction for more beach frolicking and point runs. It's bloody tough here!!!!

Hope to have Bernie join us today on his weekends off and look forward to Andy, Bob and Goz in the next week to add to the tyre tracks along Farnborough Beach.

Stay posted guys. 

Another great day with Bernie joining us for a run.

2019_04_07_11_18_16_.png.d0f57124c0047de2735b54f012e5aa9e.png

Started off as a 15m2 R1 kite day for me but the wind slowly increased and changed down to 13m to be more comfortable after 2 point runs.

I'm wearing Lukin out. He has not gone this hard in a long time. Me too, the wind is just phenomenal. Every day from the SE and blows stronger later in the afternoon.

Covered 1,300 kms this last 7 days (180.5 kms today) and topped out yesterday at 75.4 kmh on the 13m2.  Rob's only  just behind me on his 7m tube. He's smoking down the beach at lowtide.

I was checking out the lady in the nice bright orange bikini and ran out of good area to turn at the point. She did offer to help though.

7 hours ago, Chook said:

Another great day with Bernie joining us for a run.

2019_04_07_11_18_16_.png.d0f57124c0047de2735b54f012e5aa9e.png

Started off as a 15m2 R1 kite day for me but the wind slowly increased and changed down to 13m to be more comfortable after 2 point runs.

I'm wearing Lukin out. He has not gone this hard in a long time. Me too, the wind is just phenomenal. Every day from the SE and blows stronger later in the afternoon.

Covered 1,300 kms this last 7 days (180.5 kms today) and topped out yesterday at 75.4 kmh on the 13m2.  Rob's only  just behind me on his 7m tube. He's smoking down the beach at lowtide.

I was checking out the lady in the nice bright orange bikini and ran out of good area to turn at the point. She did offer to help though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXMJj3hdps&feature=youtu.be

image.thumb.png.78df42194ffd83f589f870950df4ead5.png

Ah you can see I am really tech savvy.... NOT.:confused:

Sorted now.

Another fantastic day on the sand. 4 1/2 hours chasing the tide and knocked out another 206.4kms.:dance:

Looking at the forecast we have another week of SE winds ranging from 10-25 knots. :dance3: