Sand in Your Undies at Kingston SE 2019

Mez

Gday Mark.

Actually buddy, I am SO glad you stayed till the very end. I put that in there especially for you.. purposely left with a long pause of black, most people would hit 'Next Video' long before then. but you my friend, you found the golden Easter egg !!

Thanks Michael,

It was a good holiday, much more low key than the last few years, Kingston is such an extreme environment, especially in January.  And great to catch up with other weirdos.

This year I explored it from the air with the drone, it is amazing how rugged and harsh the environment is Over there. Next year we will get a powered site so I can keep the drone batteries charged. It was a real juggle with power and SD card storage this year, I have 5 batteries that get about 25 mins each from, an iPad and the controller, each night id plug them into the 12v in the camper and hope for the best. its amazing how much juice these things can eat. It was a juggle between keeping the drone going and keeping beer cold in the fridge.

I didn't take the computer with me, so dumping the 4K footage which really gets large quickly was a bit of a problem, I had fillled about 60Gb in the first day or two. Chook came to the rescue though and let me use his laptop to transfer stuff to usb sticks.

Hope you are doing well, 

regards.

Doug

1 hour ago, igeighty said:

Gday Mark.

Actually buddy, I am SO glad you stayed till the very end. I put that in there especially for you.. purposely left with a long pause of black, most people would hit 'Next Video' long before then. but you my friend, you found the golden Easter egg !!

Dude, you know me too well. If there is an easter egg (or a cockpuncher for that matter) to sniff out - oh yes, by golly gosh I WILL FIND IT!

• 6 months later...