Flysurfer Boost3 Kite

.Joel

As Eppo would say, too on/off and disconnected feel between front and rear lines. And simply couldn't handle my weight -- buckled all the time when loaded up for jumps etc. Might have been the setup or my technique though, I might be able to ride around it now...

Hated the valve, too :D 

I do miss the Infinity bar's unspinning though...goddamn single-front safety no swivel fashion victims ruining bars for the rest of us

On 5/25/2018 at 2:30 PM, Kamikuza said:

As Eppo would say, too on/off and disconnected feel between front and rear lines. And simply couldn't handle my weight -- buckled all the time when loaded up for jumps etc. Might have been the setup or my technique though, I might be able to ride around it now...

Hated the valve, too :D 

I do miss the Infinity bar's unspinning though...goddamn single-front safety no swivel fashion victims ruining bars for the rest of us

no swivel? Just looked at the FS site, kite comes without bar standard, so you can pick which bar. Bars still available with swivel. Am I missing something?

Did notice in the advert for the Boost 3 they also put in a mention good for Foilboarding, hmm, though when looking at the specs for each kite, they are still promoting the Sonic 2 for foilboarding weapon of choice.

Hey @Spartan are you up grading to the Boost3?

FS haven't had a swivel in years, although the QR body rotates. Technically not a swivel :D

But for example the Cabrinha bars ditched the swivel for under the bar manual swivel because some folks didn't like them and wanted single front safety because freestyle.

Depends how you like to foil. Note all the other guys in Chch are on tubes... And I've given up on foils.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Northern Kites Australia said:

I've flown the Boost v1 and v2 here in Townsville, and I have to agree with Kami. You even see the "wobble" in the promo video above! Frankly I found my old Speed 3 15m foil way more powerful and more comfortable. Shame really. Stick with foils FS.

The wobble is normal and nothing. What I'm talking about is the LE folding between the wing tip and first LE bridle point.

Of course the foils are more powerful, they present more projected area to the wind for a given size. As I've said for a long time though, if you're happy to live with the foibles of foils, they're bloody great.

Unfortunately, the time for me has come to move on so I'm clearing out the foils. I've sold the Sonics, so if you want Speed3 12, 15 DLX or 21 really stupidly cheap, then give me a PM.